|Reports To:||Manager, Service Desk|
|FLSA Status: ||Non-Exempt|
|Position Summary: The Application Support Specialist is an individual contributor responsible for internal support of custom developed business applications and the GlobalSpec web site. The Support Specialist works closely with internal users and software developers to identify and resolve software problems, and to make changes to the web site code and databases. |
In addition to resolving issues, the Support Specialist tracks problem trends, suggests potential improvements to processes and software, and improves process and software documentation.
- Oversee daily Application Support activities such as minor web site changes, publishing of data to the web site, and assisting users with internal custom software.
- Identify defects in internal software and work with the software development staff to correct these defects.
- Provide timely updates and feedback to the end users and IT management on assigned tickets.
- Provide outstanding customer service based on client satisfaction and successful problem resolution.
- Work with software developers to make changes to software, scripts, html, and databases.
- Track problems with internal processes and software, identify problem patterns, and work with the development team to improve the software.
- Create and improve process, system, and software documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Requirements/Skill Specifications:|
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or related discipline or experience equivalent.
- Database programming in SQL required.
- Experience with a major modern computer language / platform preferred. Examples are: Java, C#, ColdFusion (or other development platforms).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Willingness to learn new languages/platforms as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
No relocation provided.
For consideration, please fill out our online application here
Text or MS Word enclosures please
GlobalSpec is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.