|Reports To:||Vice President of Sales & Strategic Accounts|
|Position Summary: The Strategic Account Executive will consistently close new business in a highly competitive, consultative selling environment. Must have the ability to initiate high-level interactive business conversations with key decision makers in large product manufacturers and service companies as it relates to Internet marketing and advertising programs in the industrial/engineering space. The ability to create interest and build value by use of a multi-call process is essential. Must be able to identify and develop strategies to overcome both obvious and hidden hurdles in the decision making process. Must be able to build a strong pipeline, close new business and expand customer relationships that ensure renewal and increase business.
- Prospect and identify key accounts.
- Use research resources to identify key decision maker’s and prospect strategies.
- Maintain and develop relationships from the operational through the ‘C’ level within prospect organizations.
- Build and maintain accurate and up to date strategic account plans.
- Propose custom solutions.
- Close complex sales.
- Achieve sales goals.
- Provide effective CRM to maintain and grow existing accounts.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Requirements/Skill Specifications:|
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience. BA or BS preferred.
- 5+ years professional field selling experience with proven success selling media programs/solutions.
- Extensive experience selling and managing Fortune 1000 accounts.
- Proven success in selling into complex business environments (multinational, long sales cycles, multi-divisional, multiple layers of decision making authority and influence)
- Demonstrated ability to grow accounts to major accounts status.
- Prior earnings in excess of $150,000 – $200,000 preferred
- Better than plan performance in meeting assigned sales objectives and revenue quotas.
- Thorough understanding of Internet Media solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to grow revenue within account base.
- Must be self motivated and self disciplined
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven superior customer service skills.
- Must be able to present in both small and large group settings as well as Board rooms.
- Must have professional presentation skills.
- Effective use of the telephone for prospecting and presenting.
- Must be able to keep organized, accurate records on daily activities and results.
- Must demonstrate effective forecasting abilities
- Ability to take direction, continue to learn and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, & competitors.
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated skills in selling through a strategic and consultative sales approach. Proven ability to build a solid customer base through networking and cold calling prospective clients.
- Ability to match solutions to customers’ business needs, issues, strategies and priorities.
- Strong closing skills.
- Must have computer literacy including familiarity in handling and maintaining a customer relationship database.
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Excel, and Sales Contact Management systems.
For consideration, please fill out our online application here
. Qualifed candidates will be contacted directly.
Text or MS Word enclosures please
GlobalSpec is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.