|Reports To:||e-Content Production Manager|
The Web Content Programmer is responsible for providing direct support in extracting, analyzing and mapping electronic data. You will also work on teams responsible for transposing content from GlobalSpec supplier websites to structured file formats.|
Web Content Programmers may work on a variety of projects with different responsibilities. Below are some examples of projects you may work on.
- Provide direct support for Production in extracting, analyzing and mapping electronic data feeds
- Quickly and accurately transpose technical product specifications from GlobalSpec supplier websites into specific file structures
- Update and maintain database content for revised supplier product/ branding information and revised GlobalSpec product templates
- Write customized code for GlobalSpec supplier product expansion and/or consolidation
- Test the operation and functionality of GlobalSpec websites and supplier information
- Continually improve Production and Engineering content productivity with new applications, processes, databases and enhancements to existing software tools and processes
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Requirements/Skill Specifications:|
- Technical/engineering/programming or electronic media arts knowledge required
- Active pursuit of AAS or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Media Arts degree preferred
- Competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Proficiency with JAVA, C# and/or C++, strong OO skills preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Firefox, Chrome, IE and other web browsers
- Strong problem solving skills
For consideration, please fill out our online application
Text or MS Word enclosures please
GlobalSpec is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.