|Reports To:||Manager, Software Engineering|
|Position Summary: The Software Engineer is an individual contributor within a team, responsible for analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation, and deployment of software for internal and web applications. The software engineer will work on cross-functional team projects, as well as individual projects.|
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to understand business needs, develop and refine requirements and design and develop software to meet business objectives.
- Provide accurate estimates for software development work.
- Follow disciplined, professional software engineering and project management processes to ensure successful deliveries.
- Analyze, modify, and maintain moderately complex processes and code.
- Code, deploy, and maintain applications.
- Perform updates to the GlobalSpec website under supervision from Senior Software Engineering Staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Requirements/Skill Specifications:|
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, with 3 to 5 years work experience.
- Experience with several major modern computer languages/platforms.
- Strong background in Object-Oriented programming techniques.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of standards, principles, and techniques of software engineering and software project management.
- In depth knowledge of O-O programming concepts and methods.
- Willingness to learn new languages/platforms as needed.
- Strong database skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
For consideration, please fill out our online application here
. Qualifed candidates will be contacted directly.
Text or MS Word enclosures please
GlobalSpec is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.