|Reports To:||Market and Community Development Manager|
The Market Development Technologist is responsible for creating prospects and maintaining an electronic database of product and service suppliers within targeted markets. Job responsibilities include understanding the GlobalSpec market and users, conducting research to obtain new prospect information, and verifying the quality of leads for clients.
- Maintain supplier contact and company information in an Access database.
- Import new prospects from a variety of sources using Excel and internal tools.
- Use Excel templates and macros to format and interpret large quantities of data.
- Verify quality of supplier leads for Sales and Marketing.
- Assist in cleansing of user registrations and leads for clients.
- Classify supplier products and services into a taxonomy for inclusion in the GlobalSpec.com website.
- Create and manipulate queries to generate reports for company use.
- Assist in improving processes and documentation using lean thinking principles.
- Support site moderation of the CR4 engineering and technical community as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Job Requirements/Skill Specifications:|
- Business/Marketing and technical knowledge required.
- Active pursuit of AS or BS in Business Management, Engineering or related field.
- Concentration in Marketing, Information Systems or Communications is desirable
- Proficiency with Excel, Access, Word, and web browsers
- Experience with SQL-based databases preferred
- Attention to detail
- Project management and time management
- Ability to work both as a part of a team and independently
- Written and oral communication
- Knowledge of VBA, SQL, Java, C#, Coldfusion and/or Python is a plus
For consideration, please fill out our online application
Text or MS Word enclosures please
GlobalSpec is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.