Product Announcement from ACME Engineering Products, Inc.
The ACME Automatic Scraper Strainer has been designed to remove solids from 150mm in size down to 75 micron particles.
These strainers are available with connections from 1" up to 36" in fabricated carbon steel, stainless steel and various alloys such as Alloy 20 and monel. All internal components, including the wedgewire screen are constructed of SS316L for durability and longevity. Special designs are available for viscous fluids, suction-side installations and jacketed vessels. All strainers are fabricated to the exact design requirements of each client and are still cost-competitive with cast-vessel backwash strainers from ACME's main competitors. As of June 2007, ACRS strainers can now be ordered with FRP vessels for maximum corrosion resistance in seawater or process applications.
Download the ACME ACRS Sizing handout that shows typical flow rates for ACME Scraper Strainers, in Imperial and Metric measurements.
- Removes large and small particles
- Fabricated strainer in any metal
- Connection arrangements to suit any application requirements
- Self adjusting scraper-strainer action
- Does not use backwash system or clean water for contaminant removal
- Automatic operation, self-cleaning with practically no maintenance
- ASME section VIII, Div. 1, code stamped, available
- River and lake water intakes
- Cooling tower water
- Cooling water to power plants and chemical processes
- Wastewater from textile mills, laundries, and other contaminated effluents
- Heavy slurries from power plants
- White water to paper machine showers
- Water to spraying systems
- Black liquor to burners
The ACME Automatic Scraper-Strainers are supplied with a control system suitable for the application and incorporating the flexibility of field adjustments.
Learn more about the design advantages offered by the ACME scraper strainer as compared to several common backlash design.
Download a presentation highlighting recent contracts sold in the Middle Eastern marketplace.