Product Announcement from ALMATEC Maschinenbau GmbH
The Almatec® line of BIOCOR Series of Aseptic Air-Operated Double-Diaphragm (AODD) Pumps feature the design and operation that is ideal to help maximize output throughout food processing operations.
Available in three sizes, B20, B32 and B40, with maximum capacities of 15, 34 and 70 gpm at a maximum discharge pressure of 100 psi, BIOCOR Series pumps are perfect for food processing operations due to their ability to generate high pressure with a small and simple design. BIOCOR pumps feature step-less flow control via air pressure and volume without complex mechanical control units, which prevents over pressure while ensuring maximized output and efficiency. The material for the wetted housing parts is electro-polished 316L stainless steel with a center block of PE conductive, while the diaphragms, ball valves and O-rings are made of PTFE or EPDM.
BIOCOR Series pumps are also equipped with the patented PERSWING P® air control system. This metal-free, pneumatically pilot-operated control system ensures accurate reversal of the main piston and is characterized by low noise level. It does not require maintenance, operates without any lubrication and is made up of no more than four different parts.
In addition, BIOCOR pumps meet the demands of sterile food applications by utilizing a unique design that shows no horizontal areas. The sizes B20 and B32 come with four ball-lifting magnets that can be attached to the pump housing from the outside at the location of the four ball valves. With the use of these magnets, the pump can be drained entirely without needing to be disassembled or removed from the application. This enables clean-in-place (CIP) and sanitize-in-place (SIP) capability.
All of these features have helped Almatec's BIOCOR pumps earn certifications for hygienic design and cleanability from both the 3A and EHEDG organizations, in addition to material compliance as stipulated by the FDA.
The features of the BIOCOR series at a glance
- air operated pumps for sterile applications within pharmaceutical, biotechnical and food industry
- built in accordance to the essential specifications (EHEDG, 3-A, FDA, Class VI etc.)
- integrated cleaning-system with high cleaning results
- CIP (clean in place) and SIP (sterilization in place) possible
- ATEX conformity
- two pump sizes B 20 und B 32 with max. capacities of 3.5 and 7.5 m³/h
- wetted housing parts made of SS 316 L (1.4435, according to Basel Standard II, ferrite content < 1%) to < 0.4 µm
- sterile design: no horizontal areas
- drainage of the pump by magnetical lifting of the valve balls from the outside
- smooth diaphragm without disc and seals
- diaphragms, ball valves and O-rings made of PTFE or EPDM (FDA conform)
- maintenance-free air control system PERSWING P® without dead spot
- gentle displacement
- no drives, no rotating parts, no shaft seals within the fluid
- easy to start up, step-less control via the air volume and pressure
- proof against dry running
- self priming
- suction and discharge ports suitable for Tri-Clamp and other sanitary threads
For more information: