BIOCOR Pumps for Pharmaceutical Applications
Product Announcement from ALMATEC Maschinenbau GmbH
Almatec® line of BIOCOR Series of AODD Pumps feature a wide array of design features that help make them ideal for use in pharmaceutical applications that require the highest level of sterile operation.
Available in three sizes-B20, B32 and B40-with maximum capacities of 15, 34 and 70 gpm at a maximum discharge pressure of 100 psi, BIOCOR Series pumps are EHEDG certified and conform to ATEX regulations that are laid out in the 94/9/EG directive. Helping the BIOCOR pumps meet these strict sanitary requirements is a design that features no horizontal areas where product can get trapped. Additionally, the sizes B20 and B32 are equipped with four ball-lifting magnets that are attached to the pump housing at the location of the four ball valves. This method of construction and operation ensures that the pump is drained completely without having to be dismounted, which enables clean-in-place (CIP) and sanitize-in-place (SIP) capability while eliminating the need for mechanical ball-lifters that would be located in the wetted area.
BIOCOR pumps also feature step-less flow control via air pressure and volume without complex mechanical control units, which prevents overpressure while ensuring maximized output and efficiency. The material for the wetted housing parts is electro-polished 316L (Basel Standard II, ferrite content < 1%) stainless steel with a center block of PE conductive, while the diaphragms, ball valves and O-rings are made of PTFE or EPDM.
Finally, BIOCOR Series pumps are also equipped with the patented PERSWING P® air control system. This metal-free, pneumatically pilot-operated control system ensures accurate reversal of the main piston and is characterized by low noise level. It does not require maintenance, operates without any lubrication and is made up of no more than four different parts.
The features of the BIOCOR series at a glance
- air operated pumps for sterile applications within pharmaceutical, biotechnical and food industry
- built in accordance to the essential specifications (EHEDG, 3-A, FDA, Class VI etc.)
- integrated cleaning-system with high cleaning results
- CIP (clean in place) and SIP (sterilization in place) possible
- ATEX conformity
- two pump sizes B 20 und B 32 with max. capacities of 3.5 and 7.5 m³/h
- wetted housing parts made of SS 316 L (1.4435, according to Basel Standard II, ferrite content < 1%) to < 0.4 µm
- sterile design: no horizontal areas
- drainage of the pump by magnetical lifting of the valve balls from the outside
- smooth diaphragm without disc and seals
- diaphragms, ball valves and O-rings made of PTFE or EPDM (FDA conform)
- maintenance-free air control system PERSWING P® without dead spot
- gentle displacement
- no drives, no rotating parts, no shaft seals within the fluid
- easy to start up, step-less control via the air volume and pressure
- proof against dry running
- self priming
- suction and discharge ports suitable for Tri-Clamp and other sanitary threads
For more information: