Product Announcement from APC by Schneider Electric
Description Air-side economizer that maximizes energy efficiency and reduces cooling costs by up to 75% EcoBreeze™ is a pre-engineered and tested product designed to meet the expanding requirements for data center efficiency. EcoBreeze provides multiple modes of economization to maximize energy efficiency during the year. Additionally, it can utilize a supplemental mechanical cooling circuit to maintain the data center cooling set point on the worst of ambient conditions. Available in a 20ft (6m) or a 40ft (12m) ISO frame, the modular design allows for scalability in 50kW increments up to 400kW of total cooling capacity. The intelligent controls and redundant components of EcoBreeze maintain reliability and availability during constantly changing ambient conditions.
Features & Benefits
Total Cost of Ownership
- Economization - An efficient method of utilizing low outside air temperatures to assist in data center cooling.
- Indirect Heat Exchange - A polymer heat exchanger allows the data center and outside airstreams to remain separated, thereby preventing contamination and humidity influences to the data center airstream.
- Zero White Space - All cooling equipment is placed outside the data center, allowing for valuable white space to be fully utilized for IT equipment.
- Variable speed fans - Variable speed fans reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods.
- Supplemental Mechanical Cooling - Provides extra capacity to augment economization, extending annual hours of energy savings.
- Active response controls - Monitors and actively adjusts cooling capacity to ensure proper server inlet temperatures. Through the microprocessor controller, visibility into the operation and health of the unit is provided.
- Redundant Components - Single points of failure in the system have redundant compononents to maintain availability and reliability.
- Green Refrigerant - Environmentally friendly refrigerant that can offer LEED points.
- Pulse Powered Water Treatment System - Eliminates the use of chemicals in the system, allowing the water to be re-used or drained without harming the environment.
- Pre-engineered system - Allows for fast design and installation
- Scalable Design - Modular design provides scalable solutions to add cooling as demand increases.
- Operational Service - Allows critical components to be maintained/replaced while the system is in operation.
- Easy service access - Allows for all serviceable components to be replaced/maintained by easily accessible panels/doors.