Product Announcement from APC by Schneider Electric
The InRow Direct Expansion product design closely couples the cooling with the IT heat load. This design prevents hot air recirculation, while improving cooling predictability and allowing for a pay as you grow environment. Available in self-contained, fluid cooled, and air-cooled configurations with or without humidity control, these products meet the diverse requirements for closets, server rooms, and data centers. IT operators looking to improve efficiency or deploy higher density equipment will benefit from the modular design of the InRow Direct Expansion products. The intelligent controls of the InRow Direct Expansion products actively adjust fan speed and refrigerant flow to match the IT heat load to maximize efficiency and address the dynamic demands of today's IT environments.
Features & Benefits
- Predictable cooling - Placing the unit in the row of racks moves the source of cooling closer to the heat load. This eliminates air mixing and provides a predictable cooling architecture.
- Rack Inlet Temperature Control - Reduces the risk of hot spots at the rack level
- Active response controls - Monitors and actively adjusts cooling capacity to ensure proper server inlet temperatures. Through the microprocessor controller, visibility into the operation and health of the unit is provided.
Total Cost of Ownership
- Variable speed fans - Variable speed fans reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods.
- In-Row architecture - Captures hot exhaust air directly from the IT equipment, thereby increasing the unit's sensible cooling capacity over traditional cooling architectures.
- Modular design - Modular design provides scalable solutions to add cooling as demand increases.
- Scaleable densities - Allows for higher cooling to be achieved by integrating the Hot Aisle Containment System with row-based architecture.
- Easy service access - Allows for all serviceable components to be replaced/maintained by easily accessible panels/doors.
- Microprocessor controller - Utilizes intelligent, active response control, and real-time monitoring. The system is controlled by a microprocessor providing high level control functionality and human interface via a four line, eighty character, alphanumeric display
- Building Management System Integration - Send alarms and data points allowing you to manage critical building infrastructure from a single system.
- Real-Time Capacity Monitoring - Real-time display of current and available cooling.