MGE Galaxy 3500
Product Announcement from APC by Schneider Electric
Performance power protection for critical applications MGE Galaxy 3500 offers centralized 3 phase power protection with the reliability of the MGE product family. Ideal for commercial and technical facilities as well as industrial applications, the MGE Galaxy 3500 includes dual-mains input, automatic and maintenance bypasses, and scalable runtime with hot-swappable batteries for increased availability. The parallel capability for redundancy and capacity, new optional bypass panels, and extended run battery frames provide increased flexibility. Low cost of ownership is achieved through best-in-class efficiency and a reduction in rating of electrical infrastructure - wires, transformers, and generators. The built in Network Management Card with temperature monitoring provides remote monitoring and management through a simple Web/SNMP interface. Serviceability is greatly enhanced by user-replaceable batteries, front access servicing, and included start-up service for maximized configurabililty. All these features make the MGE Galaxy 3500 the easiest UPS in its class to deploy, manage and maintain.
Features & Benefits
- Dual mains input - Increases availability by allowing the UPS to be connected to two separate power sources.
- Hot-swappable batteries - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced
- Parallel-capacity capable - Increases total power capacity by using multiple UPSs simultaneously.
- Advanced electrical features - Excellent power conditioning, very low harmonic distortion through IGBT rectifier, input power factor correction, and high efficiency
- Frequency and voltage regulation - Gives higher application availability by correcting poor frequency and voltage conditions without using the battery.
- Automatic internal bypass Supplies utility power to the connected loads in the event of a UPS overload condition or fault.
- Generator compatible Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment when generator power is used.
- Front-access servicing - Simplifies installation and maintenance while minimizing space requirements.
- User-replaceable air filters - Enables quick and simple replacement of air filters.
- Battery replacement without tools - Allows quick, easy battery replacement.
- Multiple levels of service - With the option of packages or individual service components, our services are structured to allow you to pick and choose what you would like APC to do for you.
- 7x24 telephone technical support - Our experienced technical support engineers are available to answer your questions, giving you peace of mind knowing the help you need is there when you need it.
- Built-in Web/SNMP management - Full-featured management via a Web browser as well as comprehensive management from a Network Management System.
- Environmental Monitoring - Prevent equipment failure from a full range of threatening environmental conditions.
- LCD graphics display - Text and mimic diagrams that display modes of operation, system parameters and alarms.
- Audible alarms - Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS conditions
Total Cost of Ownership
- Input power factor correction - Minimizes installation costs by enabling the use of smaller generators and cabling.
- Excellent footprint - Small UPS footprint provides maximum usage of valuable electrical room floorspace.
- Temperature-compensated battery charging - Prolongs battery life by regulating the charge voltage according to battery temperature.