Product Announcement from APC by Schneider Electric
World leader in Rack Power Distribution now with Metering-by-Outlet!
APC Metered-by-outlet Rack Power Distribution Units (PDUs) provide active metering of individual outlets to enable energy optimization and detailed capacity planning. User-defined alarm thresholds mitigate risk with real-time local and remote alerts to warn of potential circuit overloads. Metered-by-outlet rack PDUs provide a more granular level of power utilization data to allow Data Center Managers to make more precise decisions on load balancing and right sizing IT environments to lower total cost of ownership. Metered-by-outlet Rack PDUs include individual outlet power metering, a temperature/humidity sensor port, and locking IEC receptacles. Users can access and configure Metered-by-outlet rack PDUs through secure Web, SNMP, or Telnet Interfaces and are complimented by APC Centralized Management platforms using InfraStruxure Central, Capacity Manager and Change Manager.
Features & Benefits
- Metering-by-Outlet capability - Individual outlet level power metering provides a more granular view of the power distributed to equipment within the enclosure. It also provides the ability to analyze component power trends and perform capacity planning.
- Network Management Capabilities - Full-featured network management interfaces that provide standards-based management via Web, SNMP, and Telnet. Allows users to access, configure, and manage units from remote locations to save valuable time. Associated with this feature is the ability to quickly and easily upgrade the firmware via network download to installed units for future product enhancements.
- Remote Individual Outlet Control - Remotely manage outlets so users can turn outlets off that are not in use (prevent overloads) or recycle power to locked-up equipment (minimize costly downtime and avoid travel time to equipment).
- Alarm Thresholds - Define alarm thresholds in order to avoid overloaded circuits. Network and visual alarms inform the user of possible problems. (Note: Only available on units with the current monitoring capabilities. Please see SKU specifications for availability)
- Local Current Monitoring Display - The aggregate current draw per power distribution unit is displayed on the unit via a digital display. The local digital display helps installers avoid overloaded circuits by providing a visible warning when the current draw is close to the maximum amperage draw of the strip. (Available on designated SKUs only)
- Power Delays - Allows users to configure the sequence in which power is turned on or off for each outlet. This helps avoid in-rushes at start-up, which can cause overloaded circuits and dropped loads. Sequencing also allows users to predetermine which piece of equipment is turned on first so other equipment dependant on that unit will function properly.
- Load indicator LED - Indicates overload and warning conditions based on the user-defined alarm thresholds. Alerts users of potential overloaded circuits. (Note: Only available with units with local current monitoring feature)
- Flash Upgradeable - Quickly and easily upgrade firmware via network download for future product enhancements. Eliminates the need to replace products already installed in the field when new features are released. (Note: Networked units only)
- Integrates with InfraStruXure Central - An IT-ready, scalable monitoring system that collects, organizes, and distributes critical alerts, surveillance video and key information, providing a unified view of complex physical infrastructure environments from anywhere on the network
- Single input power source - Supply power from one branch whip to multiple pieces of equipment, conveniently powering rack-mount equipment. Saves time and money during installation by using one branch whip and standard connections.