Modular Power Distribution
Product Announcement from APC by Schneider Electric
You don't have to wait for a holiday to add a new circuit. Modular Power Distribution mitigates the need to predict the future requirements and configurations of your data center. This visionary power distribution system is agile enough to match the needs of your data center today and enable rapid expansion or reconfiguration in the future. Power management is simplified by output metering, branch current/circuit monitoring and auto-detection by the InfraStruXure suite of management options. When demand rises and expansion becomes necessary, there is no need to schedule downtime to add a breaker, as modules (including circuit breaker, power cord, and power connection) simply plug into a touch-safe backplane. The factory-assembled modules can be installed in mere minutes. This eliminates the need for risky hot work and shields users from dangerous amperage. There are multiple power ratings and power cord lengths for low to high power, guaranteeing compatibility and quick, easy, and convenient installation.
Features & Benefits
- UL-listed Touch-safe backplane - Adding Power Distribution Modules requires no hot work; one trained user can safely add new modules without removing power to the existing PDU load.
- Multiple distribution options - Superior design flexibility enables a wide range of customer requirements to be addressed.
- Toolless installation of breakers - Install factory-assembled Power Distribution Modules in under ten minutes - no tools are required.
- Safety - Enhance user safety with isolation at all touch points and with positive locking mechanisms that reduce the risk of accidental disconnection.
- Current Monitoring - Monitors the aggregate current draw per power distribution unit.
- Network management capability - Full-featured network management interfaces that provide standards-based management via Web, SNMP, and Telnet.
- Ease of system expansion - Power Distribution Modules provide an option to expand power distribution capability as power demands increase.
- System mobility - PDU equipment can easily be relocated to accommodate a changing data center environment.
- Smallest footprint - Minimizes your real estate expenses.
- Modular design - Provides fast serviceability and reduced maintenance requirements via self-diagnosing, field-replaceable modules.