Product Announcement from APC by Schneider Electric
World's most versatile rack enclosure The APC NetShelter is a multi-functional rack enclosure influenced by customer feedback from around the world. These enclosures are designed to meet current IT market trends and applications ranging from high density computing and networking to broadcast and audio-video. With a strong focus on cooling, power distribution, cable management and environmental monitoring, the NetShelter enclosure provides a reliable rack-mounting environment for mission-critical equipment.
NetShelter SX Features & Benefits
- Cable Access - Large cable access slots in the roof provides access for overhead cable egress. The bottom design allows for unobstructed cable access through a raised floor.
- Simple Selection - No need to spend hours choosing from and compiling dozens of part numbers to create a single enclosure. APC has made it easy by handling the details and providing complete enclosures with single part numbers.
- Ventilated - Perforated front and rear doors provide ample ventilation for rack-mount equipment.
- Quick release doors - Front door can be moved to the opposite side or interchanged with rear doors. Doors are easily removed with simple lift-off design.
- Half-height side panels -Half-height quick release side panels reduce size and weight for easy handling and access to equipment. Side panels are lockable utilizing a single key with the doors.
- Rear Cable Management channels - Integrated and adjustable rear channel provides zero U mounting locations for toolless accessories. Each channel has two mounting bays to support a combination of up to four accessories such as PDUs and vertical cable organizers.
- Adjustable mounting rails - The vertical mounting rails can be adjusted in 1/4 in (6.4 mm) increments covering virtually any mounting requirement for IT equipment. U positions are numbered front and back for rapid installation of equipment.
- Split rear doors - Split rear doors improve access and serviceability to rear of rack mounted equipment. The split rear doors help to maximize floor space. Only 11 inches (279 mm) of clearance is required behind the enclosures to allow for door swing.
- Castors and adjustable leveling feet - Enclosures are shipped standard with both leveling feet and castors. Leveling feet can be quickly adjusted through the use of a screwdriver or drill, eliminating the need to reach underneath with a wrench.
- Joining capability - Enclosures include pre-installed joining hardware to join enclosures in a row and provide additional stability to the enclosure.
- Structural Stability - A proven frame design, heavy-gauge mounting rails, and heavy-duty casters provide for 3000 lb (1364 kg) static and 2250 lb (1023 kg) dynamic load ratings.
- Integrated electrical grounding - The roof, side panels and front and rear doors are grounded to the frame of the enclosure. Eight additional electrical grounding inserts are located on the frame for external grounding.