Product Announcement from APC by Schneider Electric
Over 20 million units sold - the UPS you can trust
APC award-winning Smart-UPS® is the most popular UPS in the world for servers, storage and networks. Trusted to protect critical data and equipment from power problems by supplying clean and reliable network-grade power. In addition to legendary reliability and manageability, Smart-UPS have extremely high efficiency at low, medium and high load levels making them ideal for today's multi-core or virtualized servers that have varying load consumption. Available in a variety of form factors (tower, rack mount, rack/tower convertible) there is a model for every application and budget. Rack mounted Smart-UPS are ideal for powering Blade or density optimized servers in a distributed power protection environment as the primary or redundant protection. Smart-UPS® models have long been considered the benchmark for all network and server UPS's. Smart-UPS feature a 16-segment LED display, extended range automatic voltage regulation (AVR), and pure sine wave output on battery. Additional manageability options are available through the Smart-Slot interface, which is an internal slot for the installation of optional accessory cards. The extended run Smart-UPS XL has the capability to add external battery packs to scale runtime from minutes to hours typically needed for converged voice and data networks. The entry level Smart-UPS SC is an economical choice for small and medium businesses looking to protect small switches, networking devices and point-of-sale (POS) equipment.
Features & Benefits
- Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) - Gives higher application availability by correcting low and high voltage conditions without using the battery.
- Intelligent battery management - Maximizes battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging.
- Power Conditioning - Protects connected loads from surges, spikes, lightning, and other power disturbances.
- Temperature-compensated battery charging - Prolongs battery life by regulating the charge voltage according to battery temperature.
- Automatic restart of loads after UPS shutdown - Automatically starts up the connected equipment upon the return of utility power.
- Automatic self-test - Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
- Disconnected battery notification - Warns when a battery is not available to provide backup power.
- Network manageable - Provides remote management of the UPS over the network.
- Audible alarms - Actively let you know if the unit is on battery, if the battery is low or if there is an overload condition.
- LED status indicators - Quickly understand unit and power status with visual indicators.
- Serial connectivity - Provides management of the UPS via a serial port.
- USB connectivity - Provides management of the UPS via a USB port (not available on all models).
- User-replaceable batteries - Increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Hot-swappable batteries - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced.
- Predictive failure notification - Provides early-warning fault analysis ensuring proactive component replacement.
- Resettable circuit breakers - Enables a quick recovery from overload events.
- Adjustable voltage-transfer points - Maximizes useful battery life by widening the input voltage window or tightening the output voltage regulation.
- Adjustable voltage sensitivity - Provides the ability to adapt the UPS for optimal performance in specific power environments or generator applications.
- Field-replaceable power distribution panel - Ensures compatibility with equipment that has different plug types.
- Safety-agency approved - Ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment.