Switched Rack PDU
Product Announcement from APC by Schneider Electric
Giving you the control of your rack IT equipment
APC Switched Rack Power Distribution Units (PDUs) enable advanced, user-customizable power control and active monitoring. Remote outlet level controls allow power on/off functionality for power cycling to remotely reboot equipment and restrict unauthorized use of individual outlets. Power sequencing time delays allow users to define the order in which to power up or down attached equipment to avoid circuit overload. Current metering provides real-time remote monitoring of connected loads with user-defined alarms to warn of potential circuit overloads. Users can access, configure, and control Switched Rack PDUs through secure Web, SNMP, Command Line Interface, or Telnet Interfaces which are complimented by APC Centralized Management platforms using InfraStruxure Central, Operations, Capacity, and Energy Efficiency. New AP8000 series Switched Rack PDUs include real power monitoring, a temperature/humidity sensor port, and locking IEC receptacles.
Features & Benefits
- Network Management - Full-featured network management interfaces that provide standards-based management via Web, SNMP, and Telnet. Allows users to access, configure, and manage units from remote locations to save valuable time. Associated with this feature is the ability to quickly and easily upgrade the firmware via network download to installed units for future product enhancements.
- Remote Individual Outlet Control - Remotely manage outlets so users can turn outlets off that are not in use (prevent overloads) or recycle power to locked-up equipment (minimize costly downtime and avoid travel time to equipment).
- Alarm Thresholds - Define alarm thresholds in order to avoid overloaded circuits. Network and visual alarms inform the user of possible problems. (Note: Only available on units with the current monitoring capabilities. Please see SKU specifications for availability)
- Local Current Monitoring Display - The aggregate current draw per power distribution unit is displayed on the unit via a digital display. The local digital display helps installers avoid overloaded circuits by providing a visible warning when the current draw is close to the maximum amperage draw of the strip. (Available on designated SKUs onlly)
- Power Delays - Allows users to configure the sequence in which power is turned on or off for each outlet. This helps avoid in-rushes at start-up, which can cause overloaded circuits and dropped loads. Sequencing also allows users to predetermine which piece of equipment is turned on first so other equipment dependant on that unit will function properly.
- Load indicator LED - Indicates overload and warning conditions based on the user-defined alarm thresholds. Alerts users of potential overloaded circuits.
- Flash Upgradeable - Quickly and easily upgrade firmware via network download for future product enhancements. Eliminates the need to replace products already installed in the field when new features are released. (Note: Networked units only)
- Integrates with InfraStruXure Central - An IT-ready, scalable monitoring system that collects, organizes, and distributes critical alerts, surveillance video and key information, providing a unified view of complex physical infrastructure environments from anywhere on the network
- Rack-Mountable - Includes horizontal, vertical, and toolless-mount varieties. Puts power where it is needed most - in the racks near the equipment
- Single input power source - Supply power from one branch whip to multiple pieces of equipment, conveniently powering rack-mount equipment. Saves time and money during installation by using one branch whip and standard connections
- Wide range of input and output connections - Product family includes a variety of input and output connections to distribute 120V, 208V, or 230V power to multiple outlets. Having a variety of inputs and outputs allow users to adapt to varying power requirements. APC offers units that bring up to 14.4kW using a single branch whip.