Product Announcement from APC by Schneider Electric
The first UPS with redundancy and scalability within a single chassis.
Engineered to deliver the highest level of business continuity possible, Symmetra's modular, redundant architecture can scale power and run time as demand increases or when higher levels of availability are required. Integrated network manageability provides real time status updates of UPS health and environmental conditions. Hot-swappable, user replaceable power, battery, and intelligence modules enables low MTTR and ease of service. Symmetra's modular design provides redundant power in a single chassis for business-critical applications in server rooms and network closets.
Features & Benefits
- Modular design - Provides fast serviceability and reduced maintenance requirements via self-diagnosing, field-replaceable modules.
- Configurable for N+1 internal redundancy - Provides high availability through redundancy by allowing configuration with one more Power Module than is necessary to support the connected load.
- Redundant Intelligence Modules - Provides higher availability to the UPS connected loads by giving redundant communication paths to critical UPS functions.
- Hot-swappable intelligence modules - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment during Intelligence Module replacement.
- Hot-swappable power modules - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment during Power Module replacement.
- Hot-swappable batteries - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced
- Power Modules connected in parallel - Enhances availability by allowing immediate, seamless recovery from isolated module failures.
- Battery modules connected in parallel - Delivers higher availability through redundant batteries.
- Automatic internal bypass - Supplies utility power to the connected loads in the event of a UPS overload condition or fault.
- Automatic restart of loads after UPS shutdown - Automatically starts up the connected equipment upon the return of utility power.
- Scalable power capacity - Reduces UPS over-sizing costs today by allowing quick upgrades later.
- Scalable runtime - Allows additional run time to be quickly added as needed.
- Plug-and-Play external batteries - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to the loads when adding extra runtime to the UPS.
- Field-replaceable power distribution panel - Ensures compatibility with equipment that has different plug types.
- Programmable frequency - Ensures compatibility with different input frequencies.
- Manageable external batteries - Reduces preventative maintenance service needs by monitoring the health and status of the external batteries and their expected runtime.
- Network manageable - Provides remote management of the UPS over the network.
- InfraStruXure Manager Compatible - Enables centralized management via the APC InfraStruXure Manager.
- LCD display - Alpha-Numeric Display which displays system parameters and alarms.
- Intelligent battery management - Maximizes battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging.
- SmartSlot - Customize UPS capabilities with management cards.
- Predictive failure notification - Provides early-warning fault analysis ensuring proactive component replacement.
- Automatic self-test - Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
- Audible alarms - Actively let you know if the unit is on battery, if the battery is low or if there is an overload condition.
- User-replaceable intelligence modules - Enables simple upgrades and replacements of the Intelligence Modules.
- User-replaceable power modules - Enables simple upgrades and replacements of the Power Modules.
- User-replaceable batteries - Increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Disconnected battery notification - Warns when a battery is not available to provide backup power.
- Power conditioning - Protects connected loads from surges, spikes, lightning, and other power disturbances.
- Frequency and voltage regulation - Gives higher application availability by correcting poor frequency and voltage conditions without using the battery.
- Input power factor correction - Minimizes installation costs by enabling the use of smaller generators and cabling.
- Generator compatible - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to the loads in the event of an extended power outage
- Cold-start capable - Provides temporary battery power when the utility power is out.
- Resettable circuit breakers - Enables a quick recovery from overload events.
- Safety-agency approved - Ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment.