Wide Range of Color Correction Filters - UV to IR
Product Announcement from Abrisa Technologies
Abrisa Technologies can provide a wide spectral range of color coatings and glass (color correction filters) from ultraviolet to infrared. The color filter glass can be provided in polished and unpolished versions and can be thermally strengthened as well. Additionally, the filter glass can have a range of thin film coatings applied such as AR or UV.
Edge treatments, special cutting and shapes as well as drilled holes can also be included in the fabrication of the customized glass filters.
- Color Temperature Blue (CTB) Filters are used to correct the color temperature of a light source. A full CTB filter converts a 3200K light source to 5500K. Abrisa Technologies generally stocks CTB filters in 24″ diameter x 3.3 mm thick on Borofloat®. In addition, Abrisa Technologies has intermediate filters such as 1/4 and 1/2 CTB filters depending upon the amount of color correction required.
- Color Temperature Orange (CTO) filters are another standard color correcting filter. Full CTO's convert a 5500k light source to 3200K. Abrisa Technologies generally stocks CTO filters in 24″ diameter x 3.3 mm thick on Borofloat®. In addition, Abrisa Technologies has intermediate filters such as 1/8 and 1/4 CTO filters depending upon the amount of color correction required.
- Color filter glass and coated Dichroics offered by Abrisa Technologies control light in the visible spectrum and include all primary colors (blue, red, green, yellow, cyan and magenta).
- Neutral density (ND) filters can be absorptive or reflective and control light intensity without selectively absorbing energies at specific wavelengths. They attenuate the intensity of a light beam. ND filters from Abrisa Technologies are provided for both ultraviolet and infrared wavelengths.
- Infrared (IR) blocking filters feature a high transmittance in the visible region and good absorption/reflection of infrared rays. They absorb/reflect thermal radiation emitted from a light source.
- Cut-off filters eliminate unwanted wavelengths from the optical path and are available in two formats:
- Short Pass (SP) - transmits shorter wavelengths and rejects a longer wavelengths
- Long Pass (LP) - transmits longer wavelengths and rejects shorter wavelengths
SP and LP filters are useful in applications where spectral noise reduction is important or for isolating a particular region of the spectrum.
Color correction filters have many useful applications in a wide variety of industries:
- Machine vision
- Remote sensing
- Lighting (commercial, architectural & entertainment)
- Medical imaging
- General industrial
Coated and uncoated glass filters provided by Abrisa Technologies are superior to plastic filters due to their longevity and durability as they can better withstand much higher intensity light sources.