Product Announcement from ACCES I/O Products, Inc.
USB 8 Channel Analog Output Module
- High-speed USB 2.0 device
- Up to 125K conversions per DAC per second
- Streaming waveform data at over 400,000 DAC outputs per second total
- 128K Sample buffer on-board, or Infinitely long streaming waveforms!
- Buffered waveforms at up to 1 million DAC conversions per second total
- ILDA compatible
- Small, portable 8-channel, 12-bit, digital to analog outputs
- Double-buffered allowing simultaneous update of all DACs
- Analog output ranges of 0-2.5V, 0-5V, 0-10V, ±2.5V, ±5V, ±10V
- Single-ended and differential outputs on separate connectors
- PC/104 module size and mounting compatibility
- Rugged small-sized (4" x 4" x 1.25") steel enclosure
- Type B USB connector features industrial strength and high-retention design
- Resistors in series with differential connector for impedance matching
- DIN rail mounting provision
- Economy 'E' version available without screw terminal board
- OEM (board only) version with PC/104 mounting holes and PCB footprint for added flexibility in embedded applications
The USB-DA12-8A is an ideal solution for adding portable, easy-to-install analog outputs to any computer with a USB port. The USB-DA12-8A is a USB 2.0 device, offering the highest speed available with the USB bus. It is fully compatible with both USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 ports. The board is plug-and-play allowing quick connection whenever you need additional I/O on a USB port.
The USB-DA12-8A features 8 digital-to-analog converters (DACs) with both differential and single-ended outputs on separate connectors. The board features a variety of unipolar and bipolar ranges for each DAC giving the user a variety of options. The DACs can be updated individually or simultaneously. To ensure that there will not be excessive outputs to external circuits when the board is plugged in, automatic circuits limit analog outputs to zero volts. Power is supplied to the board via an external power supply which powers on board DC/DC converters which provide ±12V to the operational amplifiers on the board. The I/O wiring connections for USB-DA12-8A are via an industry standard, IDC type 26-pin, 16-pin, and 10-pin connectors.
The USB-DA12-8A is designed to be used in rugged industrial environments but is small enough to fit nicely onto any desk or testing station. The board is PC/104 sized (3.550 by 3.775 inches) and ships inside a steel powder-coated enclosure with an anti-skid bottom.
OEM USB/104 FORM FACTOR
The OEM (board only) version is perfect for a variety of embedded applications. What makes the OEM option unique is that its PCB size and mounting holes match the PC/104 form factor (without the bus connections). This allows our rugged digital board to be added to any PCI-104 or PC/104 stack by connecting it to a simple USB port usually included on-board with embedded CPU form factors such as EBX, EPIC, and PC/104. This is especially important since many newer CPU chipsets do not support ISA and have plenty of USB ports. The USB-DA12-8A OEM board can also be installed using standoffs inside other enclosures or systems.