Customized SMT Perimeter Connectors
Product Announcement from Advanced Interconnections Corp.
SMT Perimeter Connectors are created from easily customized FR-4 insulators on in-house driller/routing machines and incorporate high quality screw-machined, solder ball terminals (available down to 0.50mm pitch) on both the male header and the mating female connector (socket). Vertical integration including precision CNC machining and hundreds of existing screw-machined terminal designs eliminate the need for expensive tooling and set-up costs such as stamping dies - making customized solutions affordable, even in low volumes as projects ramp-up.
The semi-circle design maximizes space when stacking circular printed circuit boards and features an integrated keying/polarization feature. The light-weight, low profile FR-4 insulator can be easily transitioned to a molded design to further reduce costs in production volumes. Typical applications include military and medical equipment where mission-critical reliability and the ability to provide custom designs in low volumes are required.
Read our Application Note for more information or contact us to design a connector customized to your requirements.
Tap into the Advanced® Tool Box for:
- Unique shapes to maximize board space
- Board to Board and Cable to Board solutions
- Customized screw-machined pins
- Multi-finger contacts for reliability
- Innovative designs can reduce overall connector count and associated assembly costs
- Easily transition to molded designs as volumes ramp-up
- Military, medical, industrial...anywhere that high reliability is needed
- Options such as pick-up covers, keying/polarization, integrated signal and power, special plating, etc.
- Advanced specializes in solutions for blind mating, harsh environments, and tight board space restrictions
About Advanced Interconnections:
Advanced Interconnections Corp. is an ISO 9001 Certified designer and manufacturer of innovative interconnect solutions with technologically advanced features. Their patented designs offer high reliability in development, test, validation, and production level device-to-board, cable-to-board, and board-to-board applications.
Advanced Interconnections specializes in IC Sockets and Adapters for BGA, LGA, PGA, QFP, CSP, QFP, PLCC, SOIC, DIP, and SIP packages as well as IC Package Conversion Adapters and Board-to-Board Connectors. Standard and custom designs are available, all featuring screw-machined terminals for superior quality and field-proven performance. To comply with the RoHS Directive and the worldwide movement toward environmentally-friendly manufacturing, Advanced is pleased to offer all of their products with lead-free options.
Links to our full product line:
- BGA Socketing Systems - An Economical and Dependable Alternative to Direct Device Attach
- PGA Sockets and Adapters - Wide Variety of Materials, Lengths, and Sizes
- DIP Sockets and Adapters - Wide Range of Patterns and Terminal Styles, from 8 Pin to 64 Pin
- SIP Sockets and Adapters - Wide Range of Patterns and Terminal Styles, from 2 to 100 Positions
- Relay Sockets - Multiple Terminal Types Available on Single Sheets for Simple One-Step Loading
- Adapters - Custom and Standard Solutions Including SOIC to DIP or PLCC to PGA
- Board-To-Board Connectors - Wide Variety of Configurations and Stack Heights
- Proteksion™ Image Sensor Sockets - Standard, Footprint-Specific, and Custom Configurations
- Peel-A-Way® Removable Carriers - Wide Range of Patterns and Terminal Styles
- Advanced® Terminals - Screw-machined for High Quality Sockets, Adapters, and Connectors