Magnetic Particle Inspection
Service Detail from Aerospace Defense Coatings Of Georgia
The magnetic particle examination method is used to detect cracks, laps, seams, inclusions, and other discontinuities on or near the surface of ferromagnetic materials. Magnetic particle examination may be applied to raw material, billets, finished and semi-finished materials, welds, and in-service parts. Magnetic particle examination is not applicable to non-ferromagnetic metals and alloys such as austenitic stainless steels.
Type of Process
Magnetic Particle Inspection
Magnetic particle examination method is used to detect cracks, laps, seams, inclusions, and other discontinuities on or near the surface of ferromagnetic materials.
We offer the following specifications for Magnetic Particle Inspection:
- MIL-I-6868: Inspection Process, Magnetic Particle
- MIL-STD-1907: Inspection, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle, Soundness Requirements for Materials, Parts and Weldments
- MIL-STD-1949: Inspection, Magnetic Particle
- MIL-STD-410: Nondestructive Testing Personnel Qualification and Certification
- BAC 5424: Magnetic Particle Inspection
- BSS 7040: Magnetic Particle Inspection
- BSS 7698: NDI Personnel Certification Level III Magnetic
- CSTI001: Magnetic Particle Inspection
- DPS 4.704: Magnetic Particle Inspection
- DPS 4.747: NDT Procedure Approval
- MC-1018: Magnetic Particle Inspection
- NAS410 Certification
Base Materials Worked
All ferromagnetic metals and alloys.
All Magnetic Particle Inspection Services are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
We offer several additional operations that may be required for your product: Cleaning, Penetrant Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
All processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
As a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and rendered harmless.
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
We can provide Magnetic Particle Inspection Services for prototype to high volume runs.
We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.
Please Attach Drawing Below If Available