Product Announcement from Aerospace Defense Coatings Of Georgia
Liquid penetrant examination processes are applicable to in-process, final, and maintenance (in-service) inspections. These processes are applicable for the detection of discontinuities, such as lack of fusion, corrosion, cracks, laps, cold shuts, and porosity, that are open or connected to the surface of the component under examination.
Type of Process
Penetrant Inspection is used for the detection of discontinuities, such as lack of fusion, corrosion, cracks, laps, cold shuts, and porosity, that are open or connected to the surface of the component under examination.
We offer the following specifications for Penetrant Inspection:
- MIL-I-6868: Inspection Process, Magnetic Particle
- MIL-STD-1907: Inspection, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle, Soundness Requirements for Materials, Parts and Weldments
- MIL-STD-410: Nondestructive Testing Personnel Qualification and Certification
- BAC 5423: Penetrant Inspection
- BSS 7039: Liquid Penetrant Inspection
- BSS 7698: NDI Personnel Certification Level III Magnetic
- CPS 5427: Flourescent Penetrant Inspect Accept/Reject Criteria
- CSTI002: Penetration Inspection
- DPS 4.707: Penetrant Inspection (Fluorescence)
- DPS 4.747: NDT Procedure Approval
- GT 23A: Flourescent Penetrant Inspection
- HP 6-13: Inspection, Penetrant, Fluorescent
- MC-1019: Penetrant Inspection for Propeller
- MIL-STD-6866: Inspection, Liquid Penetrant
- NAS410 Certification
- SS8806: Fluorescent Dye Penetrant Inspection
All Penetrant Inspection Services are performed manually to ensure the proper care is given to each step.
We offer several additional operations that may be required for your product: Cleaning, Magnetic Particle Inspection (NDT), Hardness & Conductivity Testing (NDT), Dry Film/Solid Film Lubricants and Primer & Topcoat Painting.
Please let us know if you require any of these additional services.
All processes are subject to our rigorous Quality Assurance process. All work is reviewed and inspected to be in compliance with the specification (Process Approval requested).
We are committed to providing the aerospace and defense industries with the highest quality metal finishing, testing, and painting available.
As a corporate citizen, we are committed to responsibly protecting our environment. We have a state-of-the-art $2 Million Waste Prevention System in place. All hazardous waste materials are 100% recycled and rendered harmless.
We know that this is important to you, and so we maintain an open door policy concerning environmental inspections of our facility.
With over 50 years in the metal finishing industry, we have the expertise you can depend on.
We can provide Penetrant Inspection Services for prototype to high volume runs.
Drawing Submissions We accept both e-mailed (DWG, DXF, PDF, all image files) and faxed drawings.