Product Announcement from Aerospace Defense Coatings Of Georgia
Type of Process: Passivation treatments for cleaning and descaling corrosion-resistant parts, components, equipment and systems.
Features: Passivating steel removes all impurities and creates a hard non-reactive surface film that inhibits further corrosion.
Process Approvals: For Passivation they adhere to:
- AMS 2700: Passivation of Corrosion Resistant Steels
- BAC 5625: Passivation of Corrossion Resistant Steels (Type II)
- BAC 5751: Passivation of Stainless Steel
- DPS 9.07: Surface Treatment of Corrosion Resistant Steels
- GAMPS 4103: Acid Cleaning of Ferrous Alloys
- GSS 7021: Acid Cleaning of Ferrous Alloys
- AMS-QQ-P-35-98: Passivation Treatments for Corrosion-Resistant Steel
Material: Acid cleaning creates passivating layer a few atoms thick.
Base Materials Worked: Steel, Stainless Steel.
Types: Passivation treatments shall be of the following types:
- Type II - Medium temperature nitric acid solution with sodium dichromate additive
- Type VI - Low temperature nitric acid solution
- Type VII - Medium temperature nitric acid solution
- Type VIII - Medium temperature high concentration nitric acid solution