Forging Services - Stainless Steel Forging
Product Announcement from All Metals & Forge Group, LLC
All Metals & Forge Group is an open die forge facility and seamless rolled ring manufacturer. Any of the over 200 grades of stainless steel in their inventory can be custom forged to fit each client's specific needs. For example, the stainless steel 13-8 is available in pre-cut shapes including flat bar, hexagon, and round, as well as forging contour rings, discs, shafts, and more. For custom forgings read below for information on the dimensions that All Metals & Forge Group can forge by shape:
- Flat bar blocks up to 120" width and 60,000 lbs.
- Cylinders and sleeves up to 84" maximum O.D. and 108" maximum length
- Discs and hubs up to 96" diameter and 75,000 lbs.
- Rolled rings, hand forged or mandrel forged rings up to 216" maximum O.D. and 65" maximum length
- Rounds, shafts and step shafts up to 420" maximum length and 80,000 lbs.
- Forged-in steps or contours to reduce finish machining time and material waste
- Quenching and tempering, normalizing, or annealing of forgings
We offer value-added services, including rough machining, heat treating, cutting, machining, rolling and welding to ensure that your finished product is delivered to you ready for finish machining. All forgings are rough machined to your forging print and include mill test reports (MTRs), reports on mechanical and physical properties, and ultrasonic, X-ray and non-destructive testing (NDT) reports as ordered or specified.
Why Industries use Stainless Steel Forgings
Stainless steel has virtually limitless uses within a number of industries. To the layman, stainless steel is most often seen in the kitchen in sinks, stove tops, and flatware. The below industrial uses show its true versatility:
- Can withstand frequent cleaning or sanitizing, such as medical devices, food service equipment and processing equipment
- High corrosion resistance allows for prolonged exposure to corrosive environments such as pumps, valves, chemical and petrochemical processing equipment, and marine equipment
- Stainless Steel has high heat resistance in situations where it is used for heat exchangers, furnaces and ovens
- High performance in high wear and high stress environments, such as landing gears, motor components, fittings and connectors
- Using its high strength and stability in finished products such as frames, shafts/structural components and fittings
All Metals & Forge Group maintains a full inventory of stainless steel alloys for use in open die forgings, including seamless rolled rings, discs, hubs, blocks, shafts, flanges and other forged shapes that can be machined into finished parts. We manufacture custom tool steel forgings to meet ASTM, AMS, ASME B16.47, NACE or corporate specifications, including odd sizes and custom lengths. Custom chemistry material can be melted to your non-standard alloy specifications to meet the needs of your application.
Stainless steel is one of the most popular materials used to manufacture industrial parts. It combines the strength of steel with superior corrosion resistance and heat resistance. Austentic stainless steel (300 series) is the most common stainless steel alloy, and is used for sanitary applications due to its ease in cleaning and high corrosion resistance. Martensitic (400 series) and duplex stainless steels are stronger and more corrosion-resistant and provide superior resistance to stress cracking and pitting. All stainless steels are easily machined.
All Metals & Forge Group provides stainless steel in all mill forms including sheet, strip, plate, foil, round bar, square bar, flat bar, hex bar, tube, pipe and wire.