Flame Scanner for Boilers
Product Announcement from Alstom Power
RELIABLE FLAME DETECTION
The LIMELIGHT™ Exacta™ Flame Scanner is an upgraded design for several generations of legacy scanners. It can be provided as an in-kind component upgrade for existing equipment or as a new complete flame scanning system.
- Compatible replacement of legacy systems and uses existing plant wiring
- Superior flame detection, reduced nuisance trips and increased sensitivity for better low-load performance
- Compatible with existing guide pipes and air systems
- Rugged design for long service life and reliability
Alstom has provided reliable flame detection technology for decades. The LIMELIGHT™ Exacta Flame Scanner continues that legacy by incorporating the latest in digital signal processing and communication capabilities.
Flame scanners are a crucial part of a boiler’s safety system. They identify potentially dangerous “flame out” conditions when ignition has ceased and the continued addition of fuel could cause a furnace explosion.
Flame scanners must be extremely dependable, perform consistently and be
built for long lasting service,
Depending on the fuel being fired, it can be provided with a flame detection head that
is sensitive to the following bands of light:
- UV – Ultraviolet Light
- VL – Visible Light
- BR – Visible and Infrared Light
- FS – Ultraviolet, Visible and Infrared Light
The LIMELIGHT™ Exacta Flame Scanner consists of a Flame Sensor Head (FSH) and Flame Signal Analyzer (FSA) and is available for utility and industrial main flame and ignitor applications.
- Wide variety of detector heads available to prove flames
- Wide dynamic range for improved low-load performance
- MODBUS port, as well as multiple 4-20ma outputs, enable remote monitoring of scanner
- Simple, user-friendly interface allows local configuration of scanner without a PC
- Software available that allows configuration of all scanners from a central locatioN
- RoHS (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) environmental compliant
- Scanner certified to meet the requirements of CSA, CE Mark, ATEX intrinsic safety, and SIL 2
- Provides an upgrade path for legacy SafeScan, SafeFlame, and DFS scanners
- Backwards compatibility enables partial upgrades
- Simple, robust design uses state of the art SMT components
- Provides years of reliable service under harsh operating conditions
- Use of high precision components eliminates the need for periodic calibration
Toll Free: 1.866.257.8664