Product Announcement from Alstom
Alstom OEM parts and services keep your tangential-fired boiler operating at peak performance. Alstom supplies:
I. Coal piping,
II. Distributors & Riffle Elements
III. Coal nozzles and nozzle tips
IV. Discharge valves
V. Rebuild services
VI. Material upgrades
VII. Related fuel delivery systems and products
I. COAL PIPING AND ORIFICES
Alstom supplies coal piping and elbows to match your needs, while providing solutions that provide longer life, diffuse "coal rope" and help balance coal/air mixing.
Replacement Types include:
- Cast ductile iron
- Carbon steel, induction bent
- Ceramic lined:
- Mechanially interlocked DYNAWEAR™ wear-resistant product
- Vacuum bonded DYNAWEAR II™ wear resistant product
CERAMIC COAL pipe elbows delivered in one week, including:
- 10" 2- and 3-D Bends
- 11" 2- and 3-D Bends
- 12" 2-D Bends
- 14" 2-D Bends
DYNAWEAR coal pipe orifices:
- High-density alumina ceramic tiles providewear surface protection.
- Outside steel ring ensures properdiameter geometry.
- Double the wear life, compared to cast ironor Ni-hard orifices.
- Longer life reduces cost of ownership.
- Individual to full-set tiles can be replacedwithout requiring new outer steel ring.
- Ensure inside diameter is maintained forproper system pressure.
II. DISTRIBUTORS AND RIFFLE ELEMENTS
- Cast ductile iron
- Fabricated steel
- DYNAWEAR II lined
- Replaceable splitter liner assembly** Riffle Elements:
- Normal cut - standard offering
- Course cut - best for units with marginal air flow
III. COAL NOZZLES AND NOZZLE TIPS
Major components of the compartment assembly include the stationary Coal Nozzle and tilting Nozzle Tip. Coal Nozzle Tips along with the other windbox nozzle tips tilt up or down, directing air and fuel within the furnace, controlling fireball elevation. This aids in operators controllingheat rate.
- Cast ductile designed to meet NFPA 85 code for elongation
- Ceramic lined nozzles - DYNAWEAR coal nozzle upgrade
- QUICK-POINT™ coal nozzle positioning device
- Alstom's new QUICK-POINT positioning device provides customers with an alternative method that allows the coal nozzle and tip to be easily raised and secured from the rear of the windbox with conventional tools.
- AEROTIP™ nozzle tip - aerodynamic tip designed to promote better air/coal distribution
- P2 nozzle tip - incorporates the features of Alstom's flame attachment, wide range and AEROTIP coal nozzle tip
- FASTIP one-piece format - integrated coal nozzle tip, one piece design, replacement time is significantly reduced
Selecting a Coal Nozzle Tip:
- Resistance to high temperature of furnace flames
- Material selection is key
- Resistance to coal erosion
- Consider hardfacing options
- Prevent air/coal leakage inside the nozzle compartment
- Monitor wear rates, deformation problems, broken welds
Hardfacing Options For Coal Nozzle Tips:
- Hardfacing of splitter plate leading edge is standard
- Other options:
- Splitter plate surfaces
- Top and bottom inner coal shroud plates
- Inner coal shroud side plates with corners
- Hardfacing thickness available in single(~1/8") and double pass (~1/4")
- Available for all coal nozzle tips
- Available Materials
- Conforma Clad®
- Stoody 101 HC
- Hardfacing delivers up to 2X the life
IV. DISCHARGE VALVES
Discharge Valves – when properly installed – provide a level of safety and allow mill service to be performed without major disruptions to furnace operations.
Discharge Valves are used to isolate the pulverizer from the furnace. Older power plant fuel delivery systems may not have Discharge Valves in place. However, due to safety concerns, they are now a required part of the design in newer plants per NFPA Code.
The NFPA Code 2-184.108.40.206 requires the use of two valves per burner line — a barrier or dust tight valve at the pulverizer end, and a dust tight valve at the furnace end. Discharge valves must be fitted as close to the pulverizer and furnace portals as possible.
V. REBUILD SERVICES
Save up to 50% versus purchasing new. Rebuild services for:
- Burner slide gates rebuilds
- Riffle housing repairs
- Coal compartment assembly rebuilds
- Fuel elbow repairs
- RSFC burner rebuilds
VI. MATERIAL UPGRADES
- DYNAWEAR™ products
- DYNAWEAR II™ products
- DYNAWEAR III™ products
VII. RELATED FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEMS AND PRODUCTS