Product Announcement from Alstom
ALSTOM offers Pre-assembled Pulverizer Gearbox Shafts for all ALSTOM pulverizers including those with worm drive and double reduction gearboxes.
ALSTOM's Pre-assembled Shafts can reduce your gearbox rebuild time by as much as 50% returning your pulverizers to service faster.
Strict procedures ensure that proper parts are used, tolerances maintained, and assembly is correct to eliminate on-site issues.
Pre-assembled Shafts are delivered to your site complete and ready for immediate installation into a waiting gearbox.
The following components are completely assembled:
- Main vertical shaft assembly
- Worm shaft assembly
- Intermediate and input shaft assemblies
- Tapered bore gear and bowl hubs fitted to the main shaft with the proper tapered contact
- Main shaft gears fitted to the gear hub and main shaft
- Bearing races, oil pump hubs, and bearing housings as required to complete at the shaft assembly
- Shaft, bearing and seal upgrades can be made part of the assembly
- Reduces on-site man hours for repair
- Reduces required skilled labor, special assembly fixtures and technical assembly support
- Reduces required specialized assembly and measuring equipment
- Eliminates emergency orders for replacement parts, that may or may not have be available on short notice
- Eliminates on-site pre-heating of components for interference fits to the shaft
- Custom fit-up of shaft components
Increasing Your Competitive Edge
ALSTOM's Pre-assembled Pulverizer Gearbox Shafts are another example of the ALSTOM commitment to provide products and services to improve performance and reduce maintenance, with the goal of increasing your competitive edge.