Product Announcement from American Microsemiconductor, Inc.
American Microsemiconductor Inc.(AMS) supplies surface mount diacs in a mini melf package. The diac is a bidirectional trigger diode that is designed specifically to trigger a triac or SCR. Basically the diac does not conduct (except for a small leakage current) until its breakover voltage is reached. At that point the diac goes into avalanche conduction, also at that point the device exhibits a negative resistance characteristic, and the voltage drop across the diac snaps back from its Breakover Voltage. The snap back voltage is typically 5 Volts, creating a breakover current sufficient to trigger a triac or SCR.
American Microsemiconductor Inc. also supplies thru hole diacs in the axial glass package with breakover voltages from 18 Volts to 48 Volts.
Specifications of a Diac:
- Performance specifications of a diac include:
- Diac breakover voltage
- Voltage symmetry of a diac
- Diac breakover current
- Power dissipation of a diac
- Diac breakback Voltage
Here are the few DIAC's American Microsemiconductor supplies:
Did you Know ?
- American Microsemiconductor Inc. (AMS) is Certified AS9100: Rev C and ISO9001:2008
- AMS has been supplying semiconductor for over 45 years
- AMS has the largest semiconductor stock; over 170,000 different line items in stock
- AMS has over 100 years of semiconductor sales experience
- AMS sells semiconductors worldwide
- AMS designs, re-engineers, modifies, manufactures, and tests all types of semiconductors
- We offer equivalents and replacements for discontinued/obsolete Semiconductors
- If you have a sample of what you need, we will evaluate your sample
- We have a Yahoo Semiconductor ecommerce store. Please visit us at: http://store.americanmicrosemiconductor.com
- AMS also has our large inventory online at www.Amazon.com
- Both our stores, Yahoo and Amazon, have no minimum Purchase Order
- AMS accepts and delivers small manufacturing orders efficiently and on time.
- AMS supplies test data, if needed, on all our parts
- We do sorting, selection, and matching of semiconductor parameters
- Have a requirement, call us at 973-377-9566, Fax us at 973-377-3078, email at email@example.com, or visit one of our stores at: http://store.americanmicrosemiconductor.com, or www.Amazon.com
DON'T WASTE YOUR VALUABLE TIME! tell us your requirements
When you think:
Reliable, Certified, Hassle-free,
Efficient, Responsible, Results-Oriented,
AMERICAN MICROSEMICONDUCTOR INC
HAVE A GREAT DAY!