Product Announcement from American Microsemiconductor, Inc.
Description of bipolar transistor
The transistor is primarily used as a current amplifier. When a small current signal is applied to the base terminal of a bipolar transistor, it is amplified in the collector circuit. This current amplification is referred to as hfe or beta and equals Ic/Ib. As with all semiconductors, breakdown voltage of a transistor is also a design limitation. There are breakdown voltages that must be taken into account for each combination of terminals of a transistor. i.e. Vce, Vbe, and Vcb. However, Vce (collector-emitter voltage) with open base, designated as Vceo, is usually of most concern and defines the maximum circuit voltage of a bipolar transistor.
Also as with all semiconductors devices, there are undesirable leakage currents in a transistor, notably Icbo ,collector junction leakage; and Iebo, emitter junction leakage.
Selection of a Bipolar Transistor
Primary considerations when selecting a transistor are:
- Voltage ratings
- Transistor power rating and thermal resistance
- Transistor current handling capability and the transistor case size
- Leakage currents, mainly Icbo and Iebo in a transistor
- Transistor frequency response and /or switching times.
- Transistor current gain (HFE and hfe)
- Temperature parameter variation of a transistor
- Collector-emitter saturation resistance of a transistor
- h-parameters of a transistor for linear applications
Click Below for additional specifications and ordering information:
- Silicon NPN Power Transistors
- Silicon NPN Low-Power Transistors
- Germanium PNP Low-Power Transistors
- Silicon PNP Low-Power
- Germanium PNP Power Transistors
- Germanium NPN Low-Power Transistors
- Silicon NPN Low-Power High-Frequency
- Silicon PNP Low-Power High-Frequency
- Silicon PNP Power Transistors
- Power Transistors
Did you Know ?
- American Microsemiconductor Inc. (AMS) is Certified AS9100: Rev C and ISO9001:2008
- AMS has been supplying semiconductor for over 45 years
- AMS has the largest semiconductor stock; over 170,000 different line items in stock
- AMS has over 100 years of semiconductor sales experience
- AMS sells semiconductors worldwide
- AMS designs, re-engineers, modifies, manufactures, and tests all types of semiconductors
- We offer equivalents and replacements for discontinued/obsolete Semiconductors
- If you have a sample of what you need, we will evaluate your sample
- We have a Yahoo Semiconductor ecommerce store. Please visit us at: http://store.americanmicrosemiconductor.com
- AMS also has our large inventory online at www.Amazon.com
- Both our stores, Yahoo and Amazon, have no minimum Purchase Order
- AMS accepts and delivers small manufacturing orders efficiently and on time.
- AMS supplies test data, if needed, on all our parts
- We do sorting, selection, and matching of semiconductor parameters
- Have a requirement, call us at 973-377-9566, Fax us at 973-377-3078, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit one of our stores at: http://store.americanmicrosemiconductor.com, or www.Amazon.com
DON'T WASTE YOUR VALUABLE TIME! tell us your requirements
When you think:
Reliable, Certified, Hassle-free,
Efficient, Responsible, Results-Oriented,
AMERICAN MICROSEMICONDUCTOR INC
HAVE A GREAT DAY!