Product Announcement from American Microsemiconductor, Inc.
WHEN IS A TRANSISTOR NOT A TRANSISTOR ?
Answer: When its a unijunction transistor. Strictly speaking, the unijunction transistor is not a transistor but a thyristor.It has no linear current gain and it can't be used as an amplifier! Its typical application is to trigger an Silicon Controlled Rectifier (SCR), although its output is often used to trigger other devices.Applications include: An SCR trigger, Oscillator, Timing, Sawtooth Generator, Long Time delays, etc.
An example is the 2N4949 Unijunction Transistor which features a tightly controlled intrinsic standoff ratio in a hermetically sealed TO-18 metal package. With a 7 Kohm interbase resistance, the 2N4949 is available for both industrial and military use.
Specifications for the 2N4949 are:
- 40 KHz operation
- Reverse Veb 30 Volts
- Hermetic Sealed Package
- 360 mW Power dissipation
- Available in Military Use
- Peak Point Emitter Current 1uA max
- Intrinsic standoff ration: 0.74 to 0.86
American Microsemiconductor Inc. supplies many unijunction transistors.(as listed below)
You can buy parts online at http://store.americanmicrosemiconductor.com/2n4949.html
Did you Know ?
· We are certified AS9100 Rev C and ISO9001:2008
· We have been supplying the semiconductor Industry for over 40 years
· We have the largest semiconductor stock, over 100,000 different line items
· We have over 100 years of semiconductor sales experience
· We sell semiconductors worldwide
· We design, manufacture, and test all types of semiconductors
· We engineer, redesign, and modify semiconductors
· We recommend equivalents for discontinued/obsolete Semiconductors
· If you have a sample of what you want, we will evaluate your sample
· We have a Yahoo Semiconductor ecommerce store. Please visit us at: store.americanmicrosemiconductor.com
· Our yahoo store has no minimum purchase order!
· Also, buy our semi's online at AMAZON.COM
· We accept and deliver small manufacturing orders, efficiently and on time.
· We can supply test data, if needed, on all our parts
· We do sorting, selection, and matching of semiconductor parameters
If you have a requirement, contact us:
Fax : 973-377-3078 or
buy online at:
DON'T WASTE YOUR VALUABLE TIME! CALL US NOW
When you think:
Reliable, Certified, Innovative
Can Do, Hassle-free, Passionate,
Efficient. Imaginative, Responsible,
Accountable, Results, Oriented,
AMERICAN MICROSEMICONDUCTOR INC.