Thick Film Substrates and Packaging
Service Detail from Anaren, Inc.
There's thick film. And then there's thick film…done right.
Everyone knows thick film is an attractive option when cost is the primary consideration. But, with the ceramics specialists of Anaren's Space & Defense group, employing thick film doesn't mean you have to sacrifice quality, performance, innovative designs, engineering support, and an overall positive experience. Quite to the contrary, when thick film is done right - the Anaren way - you can put checkmarks in all of the boxes critical to your project's success.
The right experience.
Anaren has provided standard and custom thick film solutions to some of the toughest customers in the business since 2000. (Before that, ceramics-based acquisitions were literally pioneers in the thick film field, helping to define and apply the technology ever since its introduction in the 1960s!) So, whether our solutions were headed for space, deployed in a life-critical defense platform, applied to an advanced medical device, or engineered for the wireless infrastructure market - we know plenty about delivering on time, on spec, and on budget. Examples of projects we've tackled include:
- Multi-chip assemblies
- Patch antennas
- Spiral inductors
- Feed throughs
- Distribution boards
- Multilayer circuit boards
- Circuit boards with integrated passives
The right capabilities
Got a tough thick-film challenge? Need an innovative, time-tested provider that's up to the task? Anaren offers enormous flexibility in terms of materials, circuit layout, embedded or non-embedded components, manufacturing techniques, and more. The one constant, regardless of the techniques we employ? We are committed to achieving the tightest tolerances and highest performance levels possible with thick film - so your cost vs. performance trade-off is minimized. A few highlights:
- sequentially applied layers of alternating conductor and dielectric to build
up the multilayer structure - affording you from 1 to 8 conductor layers
per side (single- or double-sided)
- multiple sizes available… Starting at 0.020 x 0.020"
- advanced laser machining capability for various shapes & cut-outs
- wide resistance ranges, from 0.2 ohms to 50k ohms
- choose from multiple termination materials, including: Au, PtAu, Ag, PdAg
- tin lead or Au plating available
- RF attenuators also available up to 18GHz
- integrated passives, including: resistors, capacitors, inductors
- thick film available on Alumina, Ferrite, Aluminum Nitride, BEO,
more - for a wide range of wirebonding, soldering, brazing options
- choose edge wraps, metalized via fills, or both
- superior line edge definition with etched thick film Au or Ag conductors
- 1 mil lines & spaces
- 0.15 line width tolerance
- 2 mil vias
- tolerances as low as 1%
The right level of confidence.
Responsiveness, accessibility, professionalism, an overaching commitment to quality… Inside Anaren's ISO-9001:2000 certified facility, you will also find these intangibles. The result is a project that not only meets your technical specifications, but meets your business expectations.