Dual Thermal & Catalytic Oxidizer For Remediation
Product Announcement from Anguil Environmental Systems, Inc.
These treatment devices are typically designed to handle process exhaust under 5,000 SCFM from groundwater and soil remediation processes such as Soil Vapor Extraction (SVE), Air Stripping, Dual Phase Extraction or Groundwater Pumps at remediation sites.
The Therm-Cat model is designed to operate in both thermal (1400° - 1500°F) and catalytic (500° - 600°F) modes for maximum operational flexibility. The Therm-Cat is capable of adjusting to the changing conditions of any remediation site.
During startup, the Therm-Cat operates in thermal mode to effectively destroy the high concentration of air pollutants in the stream (up to 50% LEL). Later in the lifecycle of the site, as the concentrations decrease, the VOCs and HAPs can be cost-effectively destroyed by switching the Therm-Cat to catalytic mode. The addition of catalyst to the Therm-Cat lowers the operating temperature and reduces operating cost.
A Therm-Cat is sized based on volume of airflow, loading and desired destruction efficiency. During operation, emission-laden air is drawn through the Therm-Cat's fan and into the combustion chamber, where the contaminated air is heated and raised to the oxidizing temperature. When the VOC and HAP laden air is oxidized an exothermic reaction takes place. Pollutants in the airstream are converted to water vapor and some carbon dioxide before being exhausted to atmosphere.
- Standard Dual Therm-Cat systems range from 100-5,000 SCFM in capacity
- Safely operates on contaminants up to 50% Lower Explosive Limits (LEL)
- Optional catalyst module allows for optimizing supplemental fuel use over the length of the site remediation
- Residence time in thermal operation allows for 99+% destruction efficiency
- Flame arrestor
- Gas trains are designed to meet FM Global or any international certifications such as CSA, TSSA, CGA and ATEX
- FM Global approved, modulating burner can operate on either natural gas or propane
- Low NOX burner designed to maintain temperature during full flow, no VOC process conditions
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based controls with digital data recorder, remote telemetry and touch screen display for simple operator use
The Global Therm-Cat Advantage:
- Completely shop assembled, pre-wired and tested prior to shipment
- Reactor construction assures safe, long term operation allowing operation at multiple sites
- Hinged access doors for ease of maintenance
- Competitive capital equipment cost
- Compact, lightweight equipment footprint for ease of shipment
- Standard size units or larger, custom system availability
- Optional Heat Exchanger Module for supplemental fuel savings
- Removable catalyst module
- Integrated extraction blower package
- Alternate fuel/power supplies
- Trailer mounted
- UL labeled panel
- Lower Explosion Level (LEL) monitor
- Custom oxidizer design options available
- Explosion proof design
- Used and rental equipment availability
Global's Cost Effective Design:
The Dual Therm-Cat is designed as part of Anguil's broad line of technologically advanced, yet user-friendly, air pollution control products. Anguil's experience includes over 35 years of Regenerative, Recuperative, Catalytic and Direct-Fired oxidizer manufacturing, ranging in size from 100 to 500,000 SCFM (150-800,000 Nm3/hr). These oxidizers are used in conjunction with Rotary Concentrator Systems, Scrubbers, Soil Remediation Equipment and Ceramic Filter Systems for various processes. Each product line represents value-engineered systems with emphasis on cost minimization. All systems are designed for seamless integration into the process, optimal performance and trouble-free operation.
The Anguil philosophy is to provide innovative pollution control technology including engineering, equipment manufacturing, installation, startup and post-sale service. Other benefits to working with Anguil:
- 24 Hour customer service and support
- Multiple technology offerings ensure unbiased recommendations
- Complete aftermarket sales department
- Regulatory compliance is guaranteed