Thermal Recuperative Oxidizer destroys VOC's
Product Announcement from Anguil Environmental Systems, Inc.
How the Thermal Recuperative Oxidizer Works:
The Thermal Recuperative Oxidizer is designed based on volume of airflow, organic vapor concentrations and desired destruction efficiency. During operation, VOC-laden air is drawn into the system fan and is discharged into the systems heat exchanger. The air is preheated through the tube side of the heat exchanger and then passes the burner, where the contaminated air is raised to the thermal oxidation temperature (1,200-1,800ºF or 650-1,000ºC). When the VOC-laden air is raised to the thermal oxidation temperature for the specified residence time (0.5 - 2.0 seconds), an exothermic reaction takes place. The VOCs in the air stream are converted to carbon dioxide and water vapor. The hot, purified air then passes on the shell side of the heat exchanger where the energy released by the reaction is used to preheat the incoming air. The heat exchanger minimizes the system's fuel consumption with the system being self-sustaining at moderate LEL levels. Finally, the contaminant-free air is exhausted into the atmosphere.
Anguil's Cost Effective Design:
The Thermal Oxidizer System is designed as part of Anguil's broad line of technologically advanced, yet user-friendly, air pollution control products. The Anguil product line includes over 1,600 installations of Recuperative and Regenerative Catalytic and Thermal Oxidizers ranging in size from 100 to 100,000 SCFM (150 to 150,000 NM3/hr), Ceramic Filter Systems, Soil Remediation Equipment, Rotor Concentrators and Scrubbers. Each product line represents value-engineered systems with emphasis on cost minimization. All systems are designed for optimum performance and trouble-free operation.
Anguil strives to provide innovative pollution control technology including process analysis, engineering, equipment manufacturing, installation and post-sale 24-hour service.
Thermal Oxidizer Systems include a system fan, motor, heat exchanger, modulating burner, fuel train, ceramic-lined reactor, fresh air start-up valves, system controls, temperature recorder, first-out shutdown detector and exhaust stack. The system has a weatherproof, ceramic-lined steel outer skin with access doors that allow service to all internal parts.
- Remote monitoring/communication package
- Secondary heat exchanger
- Alternate fuel/power supplies
- Continuous Emission Monitors
- U.L. - stickered panel
- Custom systems available
The system will shut down safely and automatically if any of the following occur:
- Electrical power loss to the control panel
- Loss of proper air flow
- High/low temperature or gas pressure
- Flame-out of the burner
- System operation above 25% LEL
The first-out shutdown detector will indicate the cause of a Thermal Oxidizer shutdown.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Reactor has ceramic lining, high density insulation and painted steel weatherproof enclosure. Assures safe, long-term operation.
- A 321 SS shell and tube heat exchanger provides economical operation without the high leak potential of plate-type exchangers.
- Independent combustion air blower. Avoids aldehyde formation due to proper oxygen content.
- FM/IRI approved burner can operate on either natural gas or propane offers fuel flexibility.
- Thermocouple, digital controller and modulating burner maintains proper air temperature.
- Properly sized reactor chamber provides high destruction efficiencies of up to 99+% for compliance with strict air regulations.
- Control panel composed of U.L. listed components reliably indicates the status of the burner, catalyst and safety circuits. Easily permitted.
- Programmable Logic Controller based control panel with digital message display reliably indicates the status of the burner, catalyst and safety circuits and aids in trouble-shooting.
Get the Latest Flash player.