Product Announcement from BEI Sensors
Metric Incremental Encoder
Model M58 is a 58 mm diameter industrial grade metric incremental encoder. It is available with either a standard 10mm shaft or 6mm shaft. The M58 provides a wide range of resolutions, up to 80,000 cycles per turn. Built to industrial standards, the M58 provides excellent resistance to shock and vibration. IP65 environmental protection level is standard or IP67 is available with sealing flange. This allows the M58 to work exceptionally well in dirty or wet environments commonly found in industrial applications. The M58 is readily available with standard configurations in stock for quick delivery.
- Shaft Diameter: 10mm, (0.39") Standard, 6mm (0.24") Option
- Shaft Material: Stainless Steel
- Bearings: Series 6000
- Cover: Zinc Alloy
- Shaft Loading: up to 50 Nm (11.24 lbs.) axial and 100Nm, (22.48 lbs.) radial.
- Starting Torque at 25 C: to .004 Nm (0.566 in-oz)
- Enclosure: Aluminum
- Maximum RPM: 9000
- Weight: Approximately .285 Kg (10 oz.)
- Supply Voltage: 5-28 VDC (See Table 1)
- Output Voltage: 5-28 VDC (See Table 1)
- Current Requirements: (See Table 1)
- Protection Level: Reverse over voltage and output short circuit
- Code: Incremental
- Output Format: 2 Channels in quadrature, with gated index and complementary outputs.
- Cycles per Shaft Turn: (See Table 2)
- Frequency Response:to 300kHz (See Table 1)
- Output Terminations: (See Table 3)
- Temperature: Operating, -0° to 70°C; storage (non-operating), -40° to 80°C.
- * Please Consult factory for extended temperature ratings.
- Shock: 50 g's for 6 msec duration
- Vibration: 55 to 2000 Hz @ 10 g's
- Humidity: 98% RH without condensation
- Enclosure Rating: IP65, NEMA 4X & 13 (IP67 available only with pilot flange)
* Please note specifications are subject to change without notice