General Purpose Structural Adhesive
Product Announcement from BJB Enterprises, Inc.
TC-4206 A/B is a buff-colored epoxy adhesive with a smooth, creamy consistency. It has been used primarily for bonding wood, metal and plastics. The development of this material largely came as a result of servicing the golf club industry where it has been used for shaft and insert bonding.
- Hardness, Shore D ASTM D-2240: 65 - 70
- Color: Buff
- Compressive Strength, (ultimate psi), ASTM D-695: 10,000
- Water Absorption, (%) ASTM D-570: 2.0
- Lap Shear, (psi) Aluminum to Aluminum, etched ASTM D-1002: 2,000
The values shown are typical and are not recommended for specification purposes unless practical tolerances or limitations are established with BJB Enterprises, Inc.
- Mix Ratio:
- Part A: 100 parts by weight or volume
- Part B: 100 parts by weight or volume
- Viscosity: Semi-flowing
- Work Time (1 lb. mass) @ 77°F (25°C): 45 minutes
- Cure Schedule, tack free time @ 77°F (25°C): 6 - 8 hours
- Full cure requires 40 hours @ 77°F (25°C).
Clean, dry surfaces are required. Metals should be sanded and wiped clean with solvent.
Store at 55° - 90°F (13° - 32°C) in a dry location. Unopened containers will have a shelf life of 12 months from date of shipment when properly stored at room temperature. Keep containers tightly sealed after use.
- Quart Kits: 2 lbs. A, 2 lbs. B
- Gallon Kits: 8 lbs. A, 8 lbs. B
- 5 Gallon Kits: 40 lbs. A, 40 lbs. B
Please click on the links to the right for more information.