Product Announcement from BTECH, Inc.
BTECH's software is unparalleled in the industry. With comprehensive trend analysis, graphing and report functions, the Battery Validation Manager (BVM) software is a powerful tool for analyzing voltage, impedance and temperature measurements, allowing the predictability of battery performance. It acquires and archives measurements for off-line presentation in report and graphical format. Trends of changing voltage and impedance over a period of time are used to make decisions regarding preventative battery maintenance.
The BVS® monitor can be controlled remotely via Ethernet, dial or short-haul modem to view and modify settings and limits, acquire data and alarms, reset alarms, and perform on-line diagnosis. The software will also archive and display power outage events, their duration, decaying voltage data (if the power outage was long enough), and current out on discharge. Used in conjunction with the included BVS® Observer program, the Observer can be set to gather measurement data from the BVS® units on a pre-determined schedule (usually weekly) and alarms can be sent to key site personnel with email and/or cell phone notification. BTECH maintains a dedicated software engineer on staff for the development and maintenance of our advanced software package.
BVM Software Benefits:
• Greatly reduces the time required to review battery data
• Allows for easy graphical analysis and data interpretation
• Saves money in reduced staffing required to gather system data
BVM Software Features:
• Captures, archives, reports, and graphically displays data by location, date, and unit (cell or individual battery) number
• Displays voltage and impedance trends
• Easy to use with context-sensitive help screens
• Displays total battery voltage, unit voltage, unit impedance, ambient and battery case temperatures
• Analyzes impedance data in either "average" or "initial" modes
• Lists "power-out" events and duration
• Displays "power-out" voltage decay data of battery and individual units and optional loaded battery current
• Automatically polls multiple BVS® monitors
• Receives, resets, and displays alarms
• BVM Software Requirements: Windows XP, 2003, and Vista
BVM System Requirements
• PC with 800 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended.
• 256 megabytes of memory required for Windows XP and 2003. 1 gigabyte of memory required for Windows Vista and Windows 2008.
• 100 megabytes minimum hard drive space for application and small data files. More hard drive space is required as more data is stored and additional locations added.
• 1024 x 768 display or better.
• Dial modem for operation with multiple BVS units using a dial modem.
• Available serial ports for each short-haul modem.
• A network adapter attached to a TCP/IP network is necessary to use the network communications functions of the software.
• Windows Windows XP, 2003, Vista, or 2008®. Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, and Windows 2008 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.