BUMAX 88 in NAVY 316L fasteners application
Product Announcement from BUFAB USA, Inc.
BUMAX® bolts and other stainless steel fasteners have been chosen to replace duplex bolts for a water jet system for large navy ships.
The use of water jets makes the solution reliable, having a constant flow in one direction. It makes the engine load more constant, and sometimes you do not even need to use a gearbox. For the navy ship it is very crucial to be able to make a full stop or go in reverse very quickly, and that is possible with a water jet system.
The choice of BUMAX® over Duplex saves money, giving a secure and high tensile solution that does the job. Even in large dimensions up to M36 BUMAX® 88 is having the strength in Yield strength at minimum 640 MPa creating a good possibility or re-designing the solution to make it unique. BUMAX® - the world's strongest stainless steel bolt.
Other Advantages of BUMAX
- Exceeds off the shelf stainless fasteners. Equivalent to SAE J429 Grade 5&8
- Off the shelf availability full range of fasteners from Bolts, Nuts, Studs to Washers
- Lower magnetic permeability
- Corrosion resistance up to 3x greater than 316L
- Can replace other costly alloys
- DFARS compliance
- Full traceability