Barry Cupmounts: Vibration Isolators
Product Announcement from Barry Controls Industrial and Defense Division
A universal set of mounts for protection from severe shock environments, high-frequency vibration and structure borne noise. Barry Cupmounts combine protection against severe shock with efficient vibration isolation characteristics at frequencies above 40 Hertz. They can be mounted in any orientation for protection of sensitive electronic, electrical and mechanical equipment from high impact shocks.
Natural Frequency: 20 - 45 Hertz
Transmissibility at Resonance: 4 max. (Hi-Damp Silicone)
Resilient Element: Hi-Damp Silicone, Universal Black Elastomer, Natur
Standard Materials: Zinc plated steel or Aluminum
Weight: Series 1000 = 6 oz.
- Vehicular electronics
- Motors & pumps
- Fans & blowers
- Shipboard equipment
- Aircraft/missile electronics
- Racking systems
- Random vibration environments
- Provides protection in all directions
- Provides effective reduction of structure borne noise
- Axial to radial stiffness 1:1
- Meets safety requirements of MIL-E-5400 (30G 11ms half sine pulse)
- Fail-safe, all-attitude isolators
- Gradually increasing stiffness under compression prevents bottoming out
- Zinc plated steel construction
- Provides isolation for frequencies above 40 Hz at max. load
- Compact, low profile design
- Also available in aluminum for sizes 1000 & 2000
- Series 1000 = 4 load ratings to 100 lbs./mount
- Series 2000 = 4 load ratings to 250 lbs./mount
- Series 4000 = 4 load ratings to 900 lbs./mount
- Series 3000 = 4 load ratings to 1,800 lbs./mount
- Barry Hi-Damp Elastomer provides the most damping, an exceptionally high operating temperature range of -67ºF to +300ºF (-55ºC to +150ºC) and is resistant to ozone, fungus and other contaminants.
- Universal Black Elastomer is ideal when moderate damping is required and where oil immersion is encountered. Meets MIL-M-17185 (environmental) and MIL-STD-167 (vibration) specifications. The operating temperature range is -65ºF to +180ºF (-54ºC to +85ºC).
- Natural rubber provides high fatigue life. Operating range is -40ºF to +180ºF (-40ºC to +85ºC).