Medium Voltage Standard
Product Announcement from Benshaw, Inc.
Prepackaged Solid State Starters with ATL Bypass
Benshaw's MVRXE Series is a family of microprocessor controlled solid state reduced voltage starters for three phase induction motors. MVRXE Series starters provide a closed-loop current ramp for smooth stepless motor acceleration and are supplied in a free standing enclosure.
- NEMA 12, dual redundant solid state starter
- Benshaw MX3 controller
- 45/60KV BIL
8,000 PIV -UL347 certified and listed at 2.4KV
- 12,000 PIV - UL347 certified and listed at 4.2KV
- 200MVA (2300VAC)/ 350MVA (5000VAC) short circuit fault rated
- 500% - 30 seconds rated
- service entrance labeled
- Built-In-Self-Test (BIST) for "quick commissioning"
- FIber optic firing
- Selectable solid state or full voltage operation via selector switch mounted inside the low voltage compartment
- 400A load break, 5KV rated disconnect switch, with viewing window, grounding assembly and lockable handle mechanism
- Load matched Class R fusing with blown fuse indication
- Fixed mounted, start duty rated vacuum contractors for isolation and SCR bypass wired for normal bypass operation and full voltage start operation, with (2) N/O and (2) N/C auxilliary contacts
- Seperately mounted SPE series overload device
- 120VAC, 1000VA CPT with primary and secondary fusing
- Door-mounted start/stop/rest pushbuttons, LCD keypad and local-off-remote switch
- Terminal strip included for remote start/stop control and up-to-speed indication
- Modbus communication
615 Alpha Dr.
Pittsburgh, PA 15238