Product Announcement from Black Box Network Services
- Use a single voice-grade twisted-pair cable to extend your network at greater distances without forgoing speed or having to use CAT5e or fiber cabling.
- Distances up to 6000 feet (1828.8 m).
- Ideal for extending 10-/100-Mbps links to remote buildings, those beyond the 328-foot (100-m) limit of Ethernet.
- Offers data rates up to 50 Mbps in each direction for an aggregated full-duplex speed of 100 Mbps.
- Switch-selectable line rates—choose the optimal speed for a particular application.
- Asymmetric or symmetric operation.
- Great for bandwidth-intensive applications, with performance approximating that of fiber.
- Interconnect remote devices or networks to a central LAN for videoconferencing, VoIP calling, Ethernet bridging, or provisioning broadband triple-play (Internet, TV, and telephone) services.
- Simple to install, and there's no configuration or complex cabling to deal with.
- Autodetects 10-/100-Mbps connections, autonegotiating full- or half-duplex.
- Auto MDI-X detects the link's pinning, so you can use straight or cross-pinned cables.
- Bridges LANs transparently, passing higher layer protocols. Also supports 802.1Q VLAN tagged and untagged traffic.
- Configure each extender in the kit as a local or remote unit with a slide of a switch.
- Duplexing Method — Frequency Division (FDD)
- Line Rates, Asymmetrical — 6000 ft. (1828.8 m): 1 Mbps upstream, 4 Mbps downstream;
- 4000 ft. (1219.2 m): 1 Mbps upstream, 16 Mbps downstream;
- 2000 ft. (609.6 m): 2 Mbps upstream, 50 Mbps downstream
- Line Rates, Symmetrical — 4000 ft. (1219.2 m): 10 Mbps upstream and downstream;
- 2000 ft. (609.6 m): 25 Mbps upstream and downstream;
- 800 ft. (243.8 m): 50 Mbps upstream and downstream
- Modulation — Quadrature Amplitude (QAM) 4-band
- Operation — Half- or full-duplex
- CE Approval — Yes
- Connectors — (1) RJ-45 (link); (1) shielded RJ-45 (LAN)
- Indicators — (3) front-panel LEDs: Power, Link, Ethernet
- Power — 100–240 VAC, 50–60 Hz, autosensing, external
- Size — Each extender unit: 1.5"H x 4.1"W x 3.75"D (3.8 x 10.4 x 9.5 cm)
- Weight — Each extender unit: 1.4 lb. (0.2 kg)
NOTE: Line rates are for 24 AWG, 0.5-mm cable.
Questions? Contact our FREE Tech Support.
You have successfully added from to your part list.