Product Announcement from CCI Thermal Technologies Inc.
The Norseman™ XB Explosion-Proof Natural Convection Heater is designed for heating applications where explosive substances may be present, such as control cabinets and small enclosures, storage rooms for paints and cleaners, grain elevators, flour mills, spray booths, gas plants, pump houses, oil platforms, cleaning and dyeing plants, and marine/offshore areas. This safe and reliable heater offers a state of the art design, featuring CCI Thermal's unique copper-free aluminum extruded converter and patented x-Max® terminal housing.
Features and benefits include:
- all units can be fitted with an externally adjustable thermostat
- large convector surface area and high mass fins ensure safe and efficient low temperature heat transfer
- convectors are black anodized to resist oxidation and maximize heat transfer
- x-Max® terminal housing can be equipped with multiple tapped conduit entries to facilitate installation
- most units equipped with built-in terminal block for simplified electrical connection
- vertical positioning for wall or floor mounting; dual purpose brackets for wall or floor mounting; wire guards are supplied standard
- four standard heat sink lengths and configurations available, from single unit to quadruple unit; custom configurations available on demand
- a range of voltages available, from 120V to 600V, depending on heater configuration
- a range of wattages available, from 475W to 4500W, depending on heater configuration
- available with either CSA C/US or CE/ATEX approvals