Product Announcement from CCI Thermal Technologies Inc.
The Norseman™ XGB Explosion-Proof Forced Air Unit Heater is specifically designed for heating industrial spaces where potentially explosive substances may be present, such as water and sewage treatment plants, oil refineries, compressor stations, pulp and paper mills, paint storage booths, cement plants, mines, and marine/offshore areas. These heaters will accommodate your requirements with flexibility and ease of maintenance, even under the toughest conditions.
Features and benefits include:
- flow adjustment range of motion allows tilting of the heater at a 30° angle below the horizontal, which is perfect for installations on high ceilings; for lateral airflow, the entire louvre assembly can rotate 90°
- factory installed conduit seal provides the necessary isolation between the supply and control housings, decreasing installation costs
- features patented x-Max® terminal housing; slide out terminal block trolley provides easy access to internal components
- two sizes available; small cabinet units rated up to 10 kW and large cabinet units rated up to 35 kW
- CSA certified for Class 1, Division 1 & 2, Groups C&D and Class II, Division 1 & 2, Groups E, F & G hazardous locations
- standard features include explosion-proof motor; inlet wire guard; extra heavy wall tubular steel finned heating elements with nickel-plated finish; 120V control circuit with derated magnetic contactor, dual automatic reset high limits and transformer; heavy-duty 16-gauge stainless steel casing; outlet louvre assembly; swivel bracket; factory installed conduit seal; supply connection housing; terminal block for supply wiring and thermostat connection
- optional features include built-in, externally adjustable bulb-type thermostat; built-in disconnect switch; moisture-resistant construction; "auto/off/fan only" switch; pilot light; manual reset high limit; Arctic duty design; 50Hz and Group B Division 2 construction
- available mounting accessories include ceiling mount kit, wall mount kit, post mount kit or floor stand kit