Ethernet-based Remote I/O with Fail Safe Function
Product Announcement from CONTEC Co., Ltd.
The F&eIT "N" Series feature Contec's original "Fail Safe" function which can notify external devices when there is a communication failure. A user-defined signal pattern is sent and will then, according to the occurrence of the event trigger conditions, perform the output in a specified sequence with the range of specified bits (bit specified as 1) by output bit/mask of the digital output port.
A total of six digital modules will be released. The first available module, the GDIO-1616LN-FIT, features 16ch opto- isolated input (12-24V) and 16ch opto- isolated open-collector output (12-48V). Inputs work with both current sink and current source outputs. The output rating is 24VDC 150mA / 48VDC 50mA per channel (max).
Other modules to be released include -
8ch opto-isolated input and 8ch opto-isolated open-collector output
32ch opto-isolated input
16ch opto-isolated input
32ch opto-isolated open-collector output
16ch opto-isolated open-collector output
- Opto-isolated input for use with both current sink and current source output
- Optocoupler bus isolation.
- Equipped with a digital filter to prevent erroneous data from input signals due to noise or chattering.
- Opto-isolated open-collector output (current sink)
- Optocoupler bus isolation
- Failure indication function
- Compact design (188.0(w) ×78.0(d) ×30.5(h)) allows installation in locations with limited space.
- Compatible with a wide range of power supplies : 5 to 24VDC
- Is a remote I/O module that provides digital I/O over Ethernet
- Various installations on the floor / wall /ceiling are possible by screw fastening, magnet, rubber feet, or DIN rail mounting
- Windows compatible driver libraries are included
- 5-24VDC±5% supply from 2-piece power input connector (detachable)
- Contec recommends using F&eIT series power unit or a stabilized power supply
Maximum distance between power device and module : 3m
CURRENT CONSUMPTION (max)
- 5VDC 0.60A
- 12VDC 0.25A
- 24VDC 0.15A
- Power supply connector equipped with a FG pin
POWER INPUT CONNECTOR
- 5 - 24VDC ±5% 2-piece power input connector (detachable) with an FG terminal (supplied)
- Dedicated plug, with screw fastening that can be operated from the side, is also supplied ST1550/3F-3.5-H-GREEN (mfd.by PTR)
- Compatible cable : AWG28-16
- Compatible connector : AK1550/3F-3.5-H-GREEN(mfd.by PTR)
- Compatible cable : AWG28-16
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS (mm)
- 188.0(w) x 78.0(d) x 30.5(h) (No protrusions)
- One-touch connection to 35mm DIN rails - DIN rail mounting mechanism included
- Mounting to the wall using screws
- Mounting to a metal surface using magnets
- Mounting to the floor using rubber feet
- 0 - 50ºC
- -10 - 60ºC
- 10 - 90%RH (No condensation)
FLOATING DUST PARTICLES
- Not to be excessive
- AC line / 2kV, Signal line / 1kV
(IEC1000-4-4Level 3, EN61000-4-4Level 3)
STATIC ELECTRICITY RESISTANCE
- Contact discharge / 4kV (IEC1000-4-2Level 2, EN61000-4-2Level 2)
- Atmospheric discharge / 8kV (IEC1000-4-2Level 3, EN61000-4-2Level 3)
- 10 - 57Hz / semi-amplitude 0.15mm, 57 - 150Hz / 2.0G
- 40minutes each in X, Y, and Z directions
(JIS C60068-2-6-compliant, IEC60068-2-6-compliant)
- 15G half-sine shock for 11ms in X, Y, and Z directions
(JIS C60068-2-27-compliant, IEC60068-2-27-compliant)
CONTEC's F&eIT N series is lead-free (exceeding JEITA Phase 2 requirements) and RoHS-compliant.