Product Announcement from CST - Computer Simulation Technology
CST EM STUDIO® (CST EMS) is dedicated to the simulation of static and low frequency devices. Embedded in the same user-friendly CST DESIGN ENVIRONMENT™, CST EMS features a variety of solver modules to tackle electrostatics, magentostatics, current flow, low frequency and even stationary temperature problems.
Applications include: actuators, brakes, EMC, generators, motors, sensors, transformers measurement instrumentation, and shielding effects.
Users can select from a wide range of solver modules which can be included in a multi-physics design flow via CST MPHYSICS STUDIO® (CST MPS):
- The Electrostatics Field Solver is useful for a wide range of static or quasistatic applications like high voltage devices, or capacitors of any kind.
- The Magnetostatics Field Solver is a very fast alternative to the low frequency solver. It is mostly used when eddy currents are not important or when materials have a non linear characteristic. Additionally an automated impedance calculation is available.
- The Stationary Current Field Solver is mainly used to compute current distributions in lossy materials. In a second step these field distributions can be used for a magnetostatics computation.
- The Low Frequency Domain Solver can be best applied to problems with non negligible losses. Eddy currents, loss densities and energy densities can be calculated in addition to electric and magnetic fields. Moreover it contains an option to consider wave propagation in a device (this means that the displacement current is considered).
- The strength of the Low Frequency Time Domain Solver is the inclusion of non-linear effects in low freqeuncy simulations.
Results can be transferred from one solver to another in order to simulate coupled problems.
Learn more about CST's electromagnetic simulation software at cst.com.
CST, CST STUDIO SUITE, CST MICROWAVE STUDIO, CST EM STUDIO, CST PARTICLE STUDIO, CST CABLE STUDIO, CST PCB STUDIO, CST MPHYSICS STUDIO, CST MICROSTRIPES, CST DESIGN STUDIO, PERFECT BOUNDARY APPROXIMATION (PBA), and the CST logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of CST in North America, the European Union, and other countries. Other brands and their products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be noted as such.
CST - Computer Simulation Technology develops and markets high performance software for the simulation of electromagnetic fields in all frequency bands.