Product Announcement from Cambridge Polymer Group, Inc.
Cambridge Polymer Group, Inc. - Extensional Rheometer upgrades
Over five years ago Cambridge Polymer Group invented the Capillary Breakup Extensional Rheometer (CaBER®). CPG is pleased to announce a range of enhancements that greatly improve the flexibility of the instrument and the quality of the data generated.
These enhancements are designed to interface with the existing commercial CaBER® currently marketed by Thermo Haake.
- Enhanced Resolution
- New data acquisition system improves theoretical resolution to <0.4 μm
- Conductivity Determination of Break-up
- By adding a conductivity sensor between the plates a measure of the breakup-time can be obtained in situations where the laser micrometer is not sufficient, such as for very-low viscosity fluids and for unusual deformation modes.
- Synchronized Video Acquisition
- A separate software modules runs in parallel with the CaBER® software to allow capture of images synchronized to the CaBER® data.
- Black and White
- Maximum frame rate 100fps (720x280 pixels)
- Minimum shutter time 0.5 ms
- Maximum recommended frames 200
Cambridge Polymer Group, Inc. ("CPG") is a contract research laboratory that specializes in providing polymeric materials services for clients worldwide. Headquartered in Boston, MA, our researchers are experts in a broad range of scientific fields, including chemical, electrical, biomedical and mechanical engineering, materials science, and biology. For over 10 years, we have provided a single source solution for polymeric research.
CPG's core competencies include property enhancement, test methodology development, radiation chemistry, rheology, failure analysis and blends formulations. Our work can be found in a range of industries including biomedical, resin manufacturers and processors, consumer products, gels, adhesives, food products, and inks.
The services and products we offer range from full service consultation on material development to providing more traditional testing results. We offer a line of analytical instruments for polymer characterization and can design custom instrumentation for clients.