PVS4150C Portable Composite Water Sampler
Product Announcement from Campbell Scientific, Inc.
The PVS4150C has a watertight enclosure constructed of strong, lightweight, HPX® resin. Designed for easy transport, the enclosure includes four press and pull latches, three soft-grip handles, in-line wheels, telescoping handle, and flush hinges. It also has two hasps that can be padlocked, and quick connectors that facilitate intake hose removal. The enclosure has cavity space for two Zero-Pak gel ice packs (#12396) to control the sample temperature.
The PVS4150C uses an external vacuum pump to draw water through intake tubing, instead of the traditional peristaltic pump that induce flow by squeezing flexible tubing. Advantages of the vacuum pump method include faster sampling rates, longer sampling distances, and less maintenance. Because the vacuum method disturbs the water samples less, they better represent the original water solution, especially if the solution has high concentrations of suspended solids.
The pump in the PVS4150C is smaller than our larger models. Its lightweight pump is able to take samples at over 5 ft/sec for horizontal draws of up to 25 ft. An optional pressure/vacuum gage allows customers to know that the pump is functioning properly (see Ordering Info).
- Very easy to transport with suitcase shape, built-in wheels, and telescoping handle
- Vacuum technology benefits over peristaltic pump samplers:
- Accurate sample volumes
- Rapid transport velocities mean more-representative samples
- Less disturbance of sample
- Minimal wear on the tubing, resulting in less-frequent maintenance
- Reduced cross-sample contamination
- Interfaces with Campbell Scientific dataloggers for more measurement and control capabilities
- Quick connectors facilitate intake hose removal