Product Announcement from Carling Technologies, Inc.
Carling Technologies' new Contura VI sealed rocker switches offer the perfect complement to the already popular Contura line of sealed V-Series rocker switches. Used in a row, they create an uniquely appealing design on your panel. The Contura product offers endless possibilities for your product development, always offering creative, dynamic, yet economical, alternatives in dash panel design. V-Series switches offer countless unique options including choices for ratings, circuitry, colors, illumination and legends. All switches feature removable actuators in a choice of actuator styles and colors, are available in single or double pole configurations, and can be illuminated with various shaped lenses.
Whatever your application, Contura switches deliver the performance you demand - and the flexibility you need. With the Contura line of switches, panel design can be altered simply by snapping on a new style actuator with no need to retest or inventory new switches. There's no challenge these sealed switches can't help you address.
Key Features/Benefits of the Contura line:
- Maximum Design Options with minimum inventories: Panel redesign is a snap, requiring no tooling change, with our removable interchangeable actuators, lenses & inserts. In addition, the Contura line of switches offers a variety of over 300 standard legends.
- Seals out water, dust and debris: Dual seal protection locks out elements. Certified to IP66/IP68
- Optional Panel Seal: Helps prevent water/dust egress behind the panel.
- Multiple Lighting Options: Incandescent lamps & LED illumination, offered in a wide array of light intensities, colors, as well as dual level illumination and flashing options.
- Withstands Extreme Temperatures: Roller pin mechanism eliminates need for lubricants, so it can withstand from -40C to +85C.
- Clean Connections: Offered in both eight and ten terminal base options. AMP & Packard compatible connectors available.
- UL, CSA, VDE, CE and UL1500 Ignition Protected Marine approvals are available.