Product Announcement from CARLO GAVAZZI Automation Components
Carlo Gavazzi proudly presents their new 3-phase motor softstarter with electronic motor overload protection. The new softstarter was created as an all encompassing electronic solution that can replace traditional Star-Delta (Wye-Delta) motor starters.
The RSHL Smart Softstarter controls and protects three-phase induction motors rated up to 5Hp at 220VAC, 10Hp at 480VAC and 15Hp at 600VAC. Soft starting and stopping can be achieved with nine customizable (time and shape) voltage ramping profiles. A current limiting starting option is also available. The built-in, manually adjustable, electronic overload can be set for either a Class 10 or a Class 20 trip characteristic and for manual or automatic reset.
The RSHL Smart Softstarter can also monitor motors for overheating (via a PTC input), phase loss, sequence and inbalance. In addition to motor monitoring, the RSHL also monitors itself for overheating and internal failures.
The RSHL's main features include:
- Control of 3-phase motors up to 5Hp at 220VAC, 10Hp at 480VAC and 15Hp at 600VAC
- Up to 18A continuous current
- 220, 480 and 600VAC versions
- 45mm wide package with rugged DIN rail clip
- Integrated electronic motor overload protection
- Overload test function
- Auto / Manual reset function
- Choice of ramping profiles
- Integrated current limiting program
- Integrated semiconductor bypassing
- Motor PTC protection
- Phase loss, sequence and inbalance protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Self-diagnostics and LED status indication
- Alarm relay contact
- External bypass relay contact
- cUL listed, CE and RoHS marked
The RSHL Smart Softstarter's typical applications include the control of pumps, compressors, fans, hydraulic systems, conveyors, grinders, mills, mixers, circular saws, machine tools, presses, wire drawing machines, industrial dryers and washing machines, carousels, bottling machines and blowers. They carry the CE and RoHS marks, and are cUL approved – your assurance of a high quality and safe product. They are available from Carlo Gavazzi's North American network of sales offices / distributors or from www.GavazziOnline.com.
About Carlo Gavazzi: