Product Announcement from Cell-Con, Inc.
Switch Mode DC/DC Converters & AC/DC Medical Power Supplies
Switch Mode DC/DC Converters
• DC/DC converters transform a battery voltage into another, more useful and well regulated voltage.
• A typical battery voltage may be 12, 24, or 48VDC, but the output voltage of the battery can vary over a wide range during loading or charging.
• In such an application for an electronic system, the DC/DC converter is required to accept this wide input voltage range and produce a stable, well regulated output voltage to run the electronic system.
AC/DC Switch Mode Medical Power Supplies
•Power supplies that convert AC line voltage to DC power.
• Regulation: controlling the output voltage to give a constant value with line, load, and temperature changes. -Switch mode technology makes this offering compact and efficient.
• Medical approval
Cell-Con Incorporated is a U.S. manufacturer of standard and custom power systems consisting of battery chargers, battery packs, and value added services.
Cell-Con chargers are designed to charge battery packs comprising of lithium ion (Li-Ion), nickel metal hydride (NiMH), nickel cadmium (NiCd), and sealed lead acid (SLA) cell chemistries. Battery packs are typically assembled with these cell chemistries, but can also include alkaline and silver oxide chemistries.
Years of design and development have resulted in the unique ability to function as a single source for reliable, high quality electronic products to the OEM market. These products and services, coupled with our low lead time and attention to customer needs result in valued business relationships between Cell-Con and its partners.
For further information and technical data sheets, click on one of the following links, or use our navigation bars to find the power solutions required for your applications.
• Standard Battery Chargers
Cell-Con offers an extensive line of stocked battery chargers that consist of over 70 different models. Finding an appropriate battery charger solution for most Lithium Ion, Lithium Polymer, NiMH, NiCd, or Lead Acid applications can be accomplished with ease by selecting a product from this offering. Because these battery chargers are in stock, samples and small quantity orders are available for immediate shipment (production volumes scheduled to meet customer demands).
Standard features for all chargers include:
• CE, UL, Medically approved models
• Universal input (90-264VAC / 47-63Hz) for worldwide use
• LED status indicator
• Compact lightweight design
• 16W, 35W and 60W versions
• Custom and waterproof versions available
• Private labeling capabilities
• Multi position charging configurations available
Cell-Con provides both single and multi-position custom battery chargers to original equipment manufacturers when a standard, stocked charger will not fulfill the specific requirements of an application. Because of our extensive industry experience and dedicated team of experts, custom tailored charging solutions will be identified, developed, and delivered to meet the needs of the simplest design to those with complex specifications. Examples of the features our custom battery chargers have included are as follows:
• Smart Battery / Smart Charger
• Battery Fuel Gauge
• Battery Pack Protection
• Cell Balancing
• Encryption / Authentication
• Pack Integration
• Open Frame / Specified form
• Custom Enclosures
• Multi-Position Configurations
Acting as a value added assembler for major cell manufacturers (Sanyo, Kokam, Saft, etc.), Cell-Con provides custom battery packs assembled with lithium ion (Li-Ion), lithium polymer (Li-Poly), nickel metal hydride (NiMH), nickel cadmium (NiCd), sealed lead acid (SLA), lithium, alkaline, or silver oxide cell chemistries. Whether the pack is a smart (SMBus) assembly or a basic design, has low or high capacity specifications (in excess of 80Ah), in small or large production volume, a safe, reliable, and appropriate solution will be provided.