Product Announcement from Century Spring Corp.
Torsion springs are commonly referred to as hinge springs or 'mouse-trap' springs. They are used for storing and releasing angular energy or for the purpose of statically holding a mechanism in place by deflecting the legs about the body centerline axis. The torsional body will reduce in body diameter and increase in body length when deflected in the preferred direction of the fabricated wind.
- Round wire range: .007" to .135"
- Inside diameter (I.D.) from .078" to 1.485"
- Outside diameter (O.D.) from .102" to 1.755
- End configuration: legs of equal length, all straight
- Variety of unloaded leg positions
- Left and right hand winds available
- Materials: music wire, hard-drawn and stainless
- Finishes: zinc, gold irridite, none and passivated (upon req.)